Kansas City Metro Area 2013

Morels.com Forums Missouri Kansas City Metro Area 2013

This topic contains 178 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  Ms. Morel (Gladstone) 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 8, 2013 at 12:53 pm #36625

Super Picker

I hope that others from this area will add to this topic, if we can get a thread started it should help with reading and keeping up on this years morel season.

April 8, 2013 at 12:55 pm #36626

Super Picker

Went out last night for a bit to check on a couple spots close by to get an indacation of the seasons progression. Things are coming along nicely imo.

April 8, 2013 at 2:07 pm #36641

Super Picker

KCRM where you at dude? I’ll be seeing you soon. :)
help out to get the board under control, people we are going to have to search thre 35 threads to find one that means anything to your area if we don’t clean it up now. Not trying to be a d$#& just saying,

April 8, 2013 at 6:05 pm #36671

newrocker15

Nothing out in Eastern Jackson/ West Lafayette county yet. Mayapple’s are about 2 inches tall and the soil temp is just about perfect. Any day now!!!
Found a few large red cup mushrooms. Anyone have any info on these, I cant find much online about them. Found all of them growing directly out of rotting sticks.

April 8, 2013 at 7:11 pm #36683

LeAnn

Newrocker – there is a Scarlet Cup mushroom that grows out of wet sticks and branches. Probably the one you are talking about. It is NOT edible.

April 8, 2013 at 7:27 pm #36693

newrocker15

Thank you LeAnn, I didnt think it was. I have just never noticed them before and was curious.

April 8, 2013 at 7:43 pm #36695

bonzel22

found 4 beafsteaks saturday in jackson county, were very very fresh .. I plan to look tomorrow

April 8, 2013 at 8:56 pm #36708

miss shroom

Oh our God! I am so confused what happen to all the shroomers and the info.

April 8, 2013 at 11:03 pm #36737

Super Picker

Yes id say scarlet cup as well. Wont be long for morel.

April 9, 2013 at 6:18 am #36759

Super Picker

What hunters are you looking for? Maybe i could help with some info, what do you want to know?

April 9, 2013 at 6:46 am #36761

miss shroom

Im just wanting to know what happen to all mushroom hunters that would post info about finding mushrooms and how many and where. It was confusing to get here you know. On a better note I haven’t found any shrooms yet Im thinking this weekend or next what do you think?

April 9, 2013 at 8:24 am #36769

LIVEWIRE

If they ain’t posting they’re Pickin!

April 9, 2013 at 11:46 am #36814

plainview

Miss Shroom:

Sorry to be so blunt but instead of waiting to poach peoples spot info you should do what every good hunter does. Go hunting. That is much more productive then waiting to see what area people find them in and invade their spots.

April 9, 2013 at 2:45 pm #36845

Super Picker

We are not picking in KC YET LIVEWIRE but it won’t be long. Things are looking good. Saw a report of some smalls in south KC metro area. No pic but I think it is legit.
Miss Shroom for some reason a lot of the older posters on here are not around this year. I will admit the ‘New” look to the Morels.Com web site looks different at first but if you will spend a little time looking around I think you will see it is better than before. On the front page the post there are the most recent topics that are being discussed, for a specfic stae click on the message board tab. when inside a topic at the top of the page to the left you will see your options,at the top of this page it says KC Metro area, below that are blue links that will take you to other places, this one is Morels.co, fourms, and then the main Missouri tab.
Good luck

April 9, 2013 at 2:47 pm #36846

Super Picker

One other thing Miss Shroom have you checked out MorelHunters.com yet. Join up and if you will look at the KC Metro board you might see an offer from me that may intice you to join. I will extend the dead line to join since the season is starting at a more normal pace this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 179 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.