Morels -2016

Morels.com Forums Minnesota Morels -2016

This topic contains 433 replies, has 84 voices, and was last updated by  OldElm 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 434 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 8, 2016 at 11:17 pm #71447

NewB87

I did see a few elms through out the video but not the cottonwood’s you were describing as elms. Also ticks are always in the brush… they just start moving around quicker when it gets warm. It was a good video tho just need more experience.

April 9, 2016 at 6:36 am #71467

shroomtrooper

Yes , the leaves where not Elm, and ticks can come out earlier than you think. OldElm gave me some advice about Elm bark that has served me well. Nice video but you should edit and show some real Elm leaves and bark. Hey, at least your on the way. When I first started the dead Ash trees kind of threw me. Warming up next week, found one new hit and run spot.

April 9, 2016 at 11:30 am #71478

OldElm

” shroomtrooper “, straight up here’s the deal. We’re gonna make a raid on Pierce Cty Wis, around Prescott (sort of), so if Ya want in here’s the dates. Sun/April24Th, Mon/April25Th,Tues/April26Th. Let me know what day if you want in, and we can meet @ the Freedom station in Prescott. Make sure you’re not being followed!! Ha Ha,

April 9, 2016 at 8:45 pm #71498

shroomtrooper

OLDELM, sounds good. I am off the 25th and 26th ( I work 12 hr days so I get a lot of days off during the week) 25th for sure, I will take extra precautions, so as not to be followed. Just let me know what time. Think any will be out, I am sure ramps will be up. Thanks.

April 9, 2016 at 10:38 pm #71506

Buckthornman

Freedom station Ya say! Good luck elm and troop! You guys don,t really need it but I wish you the best! No wrenometer reading. I bet the next two weeks a lot is going to change. I,’ll keep you boys updated. Hope to meet you guys someday and if I don’t get to in the flesh maybe somewhere else! God bless and go gettem! Into the thorns!!!!!

April 10, 2016 at 2:39 am #71517

TreebeardLennon

shroomtrooper, I don’t know what part of MN you’re in, but here in southeast Minnesota ramps have been up for a little while. I took the picture below on March 31st. I’ve been pickin’ a few here and there to eat with taters and eggs! Shrooms shouldn’t be too far out! Scarlet Cups are everywhere, and in addition to ramps the trout lily are coming out of the ground, wild ginger is poppin’ up with the ramps, garlic mustard, and the rue anemone are blooming among other things! Spring is truly a wonderful (and delicious) season!

Anyways, long time lurker but first time poster on this forum! Happy hunting!

April 10, 2016 at 8:14 am #71518

shroomtrooper

Thanks for the shout out Treebeard, just a hour or so in any direction sure makes a difference. I thought Iowa would be hitting now, but they just got some cold weather from what it sounds like.Well Buckthorn, luck is a big part of it, looking forward to hooking up with Oldelm. I am kinda to the point that I have alot of small spots to keep me busy, and unlike my first couple years I know I will always will get plenty. So it frees me up for another adventure. Its not even about finding alot of Morels now, I like the exploring . Treebeardt I am west of the Twin cities.

April 10, 2016 at 8:35 am #71521

OldElm

shroomtrooper , Monday the 25Th. 7:30A.M. Freedom. I have a good feeling things will be happening.

“Buckthornman” Our little brown feathered friends should be back by then….. :wink:

April 10, 2016 at 8:45 am #71522

OldElm

“TreebeardLennon ” thanks for posting the ramp picture. Can you help me out? I used to use photo bucket, but this year I can’t get a single “URL image” to copy out. If I post a picture my whole darn photo bucket is available to anyone on the site. What method are you using to post an individual picture? I’m not real teck-y

April 10, 2016 at 10:48 am #71535

TreebeardLennon

Yeah of course OldElm! I use the website imgur which is pretty alright. Some people complain that it reduces photo quality a little bit, but for my purposes I don’t mind much. So go ahead and create an imgur account. Once you have a photo or two in your gallery, click the photo you would like to share on this forum. A dialog window with some sharing options should pop up. On the right hand side of the dialog window, there will be something that says “HTML (websites/blogs)” and beneath it there will be a link inside some angle brackets with some fancy lookin’ code. Copy that and paste it into your message on this website!

Finish crafting your message and voila! Now you’ve got a beautiful image in your post! If that didn’t make any sense, or if you’re having trouble navigating imgur, let me know and I’d be happy to help you out!

shroomtrooper, I’m definitely a ways south and east of you. I’m in the neighborhood of the Rice-Goodhue County line. The Big Woods is at my back doorstep! Check some south facing slopes in hardwood forest and you might get lucky and find some ramps! If not, scout some potential new shroom spots to make up for it!

April 10, 2016 at 1:46 pm #71555

TreebeardLennon

Well shoot, turns out the flowers that I thought were Rue Anemone are actually sharp-lobed hepatica! I guess I need to work on my flower identification. I’m dumb.

April 10, 2016 at 1:52 pm #71558

shroomtrooper

Hey OldElm. I had the same problem. Go to photobucket. click on your picture,right click mouse and something different this year you select copy image, not the address. Then go to forum, select insert picture then paste CTRL+V worked for me

April 10, 2016 at 1:55 pm #71560

shroomtrooper

Hey Treebeard, just looked today and some ramps are coming up, tiny tho

April 10, 2016 at 2:00 pm #71561

Buckthornman

Old them little brown birds fly pretty fast. Strooper syrup is just another great thing from nature. And its my first sign of spring. I’m lucky enough to have some maples in my yard. Ferns just starting not even fiddleheads yet. Talk with you guys later today. Bucky

April 10, 2016 at 4:37 pm #71573

OldElm

<a href="<a href="http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/OldElm1/media/IMG_0830_zpskjqbtwfi.jpg.html&quot; target

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.