Shroomin aint for wussies!

Morels.com Forums Missouri Shroomin aint for wussies!

This topic contains 160 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  kb 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
March 30, 2015 at 5:37 pm #61837

ShroomDawg

Ol ShroomDawg’s been in training for the past several weeks preparing for the 2015 season. Started my training by frying up the last batch of shrooms from the deep freeze while slamming down a couple of Amber Bock beers, those last shrooms from the freezer put the Ol Dawg on notice that we’s officially out of Morchella’s and this is of great concern to Dawg and the Mrs.

So now I’m in the field building up my stamina and endurance, started with a few brisk walks through the woods not far from the house. Did not take long and I moved my training to the river bluffs along the MO river. The 1st few climbs were a bona fide bitch but now I’m barely breathing hard when I hit the ridge.

I’m calling you out Morel Finder, I know who you are and I think you know me so this year we’ll see who’s king of the Morchellas in NWMO. This aint a joke so if you want some bring it! I’ll be waiting to hear from ya, in the mean time take a look at the last batch of Shrooms the Dawg found May 13 of 2014 just so you know what you’re up against. L8R!

photo Shrooms_2_zpsrunqfiup.jpg

March 30, 2015 at 6:00 pm #61839

EmiLeah

You got that right. My 8yo daughter and I went for a 2 mile trek today to scope out some potential hunting grounds, and we were dead tired by the time we got back. Here in SEMO the mayapples are mostly tiny spikes under the leaves, only saw two opened up. We’re going to be ready this year.

March 30, 2015 at 6:11 pm #61841

Tick Boy

Dawg, I remember that load of crap you put out last year, and all I got to say is we will see who the real mushroom king is this year. I hope I never see you in the woods because I don’t want to see a grown man cry after you see all the stumps when I’m through.

March 30, 2015 at 6:32 pm #61843

ShroomDawg

Tickle Boy if there are stumps for you to leave it’s because I aint been there or I left y’all some to pick in the 1st place, I’m good that way!

I’ll tell ya something, if’n I was to take ya out shroomin you would come back as a Tick Man! LOL

March 30, 2015 at 6:33 pm #61844

Morel Finder

Hey Dawg, I’ll take you up on that challenge. I’ve picked more shrooms with one eye open walking behind people the likes of you. I worked out all winter long laying on the couch drinking me some hooch and dreaming of this up coming season. I guess the time is fast approaching that I must once again prove myself as the true “Morel Finder” that most strive to ever be. Until we meet in the woods with sacks in hand, take care, and may the mushroom gods bless all with a bountiful harvest.

March 30, 2015 at 6:43 pm #61845

ShroomDawg

Damn son, there you go dreaming again. No use getting all worked up yet cuz it aint happening for probably 10 days or more but once things start to happen we’ll let the season play out and see where the Ol Dawg ends up on the Shroom totem pole MF.

No hard feelings no matter what happens but I’ll dang sure let you know how to celebrate when I’m on top looking down on you pups. :wink:

March 30, 2015 at 7:55 pm #61850

ShroomCuttin

What a joke. Lol

March 30, 2015 at 8:00 pm #61853

ShroomCuttin

Surprised no southern MO finds yet ???

April 1, 2015 at 4:33 pm #62092

micomikey

Best thread I’ve seen yet.

I’m in the same boat ShroomDawg, Had about 2 dozen in the freezer I pulled out Sunday and fried up, Boulevard Wheat for me :)

ShroomCuttin, if you check the sighting maps, there have been some finds in S MO and possible S KS as well.

April 1, 2015 at 4:35 pm #62095

micomikey

Just noticed the plastic bags ShroomDawg. WTH man? Hehe, you disrespect the fungi with your non porous container.

April 1, 2015 at 6:00 pm #62107

ShroomDawg

Yeah I’m pretty old school. need to get me some of those Morchella bags with the netting so them spores can be free. I’ll check on the interwebs to see where a man can buy some.

Used to have a couple of bags from a 10 lb bag of oranges/grapefruit that worked ok for shroomin but were just a tad to narrow and when you got too many shrooms in there they would get smashed on the bottom, especially when I was running after hearing ” Hey, who in the HELL gave you permission to shroom in these woods? Get the HELL outta there you ShroomDawg SOB” :wink:

April 1, 2015 at 6:41 pm #62113

micomikey

ROFL…how’s it go? If you ain’t trespassin you ain’t huntin? (That’s a joke, I do not condone trespassing)

Fwiw, mesh laundry bags at walmart 97 cents. 36″ tall x 24″ wide. I grab a handful and throw in the truck each spring. Big
enough to hold a ton of shrooms and cheap enough that it’s no biggie when they get caught on stuff and rip.

April 1, 2015 at 6:49 pm #62115

ShroomDawg

I’ll check it out, I need to get some Wally time anyway, things are getting to dull around the house. :lol:

April 1, 2015 at 7:05 pm #62116

Morel Finder

Hey Shroom Dik, oops, I mean Shroom Dawg. Listen up boy, if we get this rain tomorrow morning I’m thinking a little river run down toward the big city might be on order. Say like Sunday. The redbuds are showing color and the pear trees are a blooming and the Ol Morel Finder is iching to stomp some ground. I don’t expect to find much if any, but the boat needs a good spring running to clear the cobwebs out. The fever is running high for me to once again kick some shroom ass!!

April 1, 2015 at 7:31 pm #62121

ShroomDawg

Checked the wild plum out in the backyard whilst mowing the yard, I’m thinking you’re right on the Sunday for the 1st hunt. The ol plum tree should be bloomin which means the Dawg will be shroomin.

If we take the “Pickle” make sure you got some fresh gas, the Ol Dawg aint wantin to haul a buncha shrooms hoofing up/down the river bank cuz the Pickle puked all over itself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.