Shroomin aint for wussies!

Morels.com Forums Missouri Shroomin aint for wussies!

This topic contains 160 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  kb 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 26, 2016 at 9:20 pm #73421

kb

new, i’m just making fun. People make a lot of money off those non morels. You just need to know who to sell them to. Hunting summer shrooms sucks due to the heat, bugs, and massive vegetation, but can be very lucrative if you like sweating. Hunting morels is literally a walk in the park in comparison.

April 27, 2016 at 1:32 am #73441

NewB87

kb making fun is the majority of the reason I get on this forum this year especially for the good reading material. Theres some Morel drama probably going down right now as we speak lol. That one with the granddaughter or daughter who supposedly hacked her dad’s user and got some testosterone ah blazing… But that spammer fellow who made a account as a user’s x-wife takes the gold.

Ya morels are about the only ones that have me diving off in the woods like I do, speaking of bugs I was on the highway headed home look up at my rear view mirror and found this little guy trying to hitch a ride for free. That’s to much time in the woods and not enough picking.

After I see the dawg’s pics of his last haul and his until next year write up i log off until preseason comes back around next year. Going to wait until dawg and the posse scopes things out from me before I come and before they know it there pickin my stumps lol… Maybe after a couple more years of not being a quitter’s under my belt lol.

April 27, 2016 at 1:01 pm #73478

Morel Finder

Boys, I’ll make this short and sweet because I’m at work. It’s still there to be had if one is willing to go deep into the timber. The right tree can bring 5 lb’s or more. You might walk 4 or 5 hr’s to bump into though. Just need to commit to the hunt. With that said, I’m fricking wore out!!

April 27, 2016 at 1:45 pm #73482

NewB87

I prefer the deep timber any how morelfinder lol, better odds nobody’s stomped around them parts. What area you referring to if you don’t mind me asking? Just got off work and thinking about heading north as far as I can get away with until I can go farther north tomorrow or Friday. I’m guessing you found a 5lbs honey hole in the thick timber recently lol?

April 27, 2016 at 2:40 pm #73487

Morel Finder

I’m thinking Rockport north up 29 or Bethany north up 35. That would put on on the fresher ones

April 27, 2016 at 4:33 pm #73498

saharadweller

I’m new to this board. I live in the St. Louis area and hunt in Jefferson County, St. Louis County and St. Charles County. We have found many in local parks.
We hunted with Chris Matherly in the Kirksville area over the weekend and found several nice big yellows.

April 27, 2016 at 7:11 pm #73513

kb

sarah, did you loan him anything. He still owes a friend of mine money for some morels he fronted him. A lot of morels. It is what it is. new, there are some up 29 where finder is pointing. that is where i was all last weekend. I had no luck up 35 in one honey hole up there, have not gone back. first time in 25 years i have picked nothing significant up 35. I sure there are some, just not where i was.

April 27, 2016 at 9:03 pm #73533

ShroomDawg

I think it’s over for the Dawg this year cuz my Posse turned into my Pu$$ies, (I’m lookin at you MF’er) I think that last shroom stomp that only gave up 2lbs on Sunday put’m on the porch, I still got in one last hunt Tuesday with Kirby Pro and picked up another 4-5 lbs (that boy is crazier than me but then again he’s 20 yrs younger) anyway got plenty of shrooms for the family (3 brothers and 5 sisters y’all) to eat and I still have enough in the fridge for 3-4 more late evening fries with the Mrs. Kirby Pro is fixin to prepare some for the freezer so we can break’m out in the winter, hell we might fry’m up just after the clock strikes midnight on New Years Eve so we can ring in the New Year right.

kb, you gotta get a boat or get in a boat if yur gonna hunt those MO river bottoms, I won’t generally mess with the bottoms for a serious hunt unless I’ve got a boat. Have a great summer y’all and until next year the Dawg is on the porch. (I think) LOL! :wink

photo Bluetick Hound_zpscbtdjgck.jpg

April 27, 2016 at 11:00 pm #73578

NewB87

Sounds like you need a non-quitin back up crew member for the posse dawg lol, all in all like you mentioned at least I’m walking away with shrooms in the freezer to hold me over for the year plus what’s still in the fridge. Glad I wasn’t picking for a family the size of yours dawg wouldnt have any for the rainy days. I still got one more in me tomorrow or Friday. Pulling a all dayer getting on the highway by 5 and driving north as far as I can make it before needing to stop to get a good hunt in and be able to maken it home before I’m in the doghouse and not the porch.

Last year the final hunt for 2015 way up north around council bluffs the day I actually took that nasty spill when I went toe toe with that fallen down timber. I met a guy with 20 acers of private property plus access to more from his neighbor. All hills, I hunted his property after I fell earlier that day for about 3 hours and pulled 5lbs off it towards the end of the season in South Iowa. He told me last year I was welcome to come back this year so might pay him a surprise visit. Really nice guy he was retired and made wood work as a hobby.He couldn’t get around that great so was covering his land in areas he couldn’t.

Finally almost done preserving these shrooms I’ve been working on sense 4 in case I need the space for more lol, you really on the porch dawg? Have a gut feeling I’ll be seeing a post of a confirmed mother load before next week lol.

April 28, 2016 at 7:48 am #73593

Morel Finder

What happened to north central and north east Missouri this year because I didn’t read anything from over that way. I also feel that if you just go up 35 into Iowa and find a good place to stomp around….the hatch might be surprising still. I’m just rambling because it’s so tuff to think it’s over when it barely began. :(

April 28, 2016 at 7:51 pm #73649

kb

anyone i know who has been to either place, including myself, has not had much luck. In fact that the #6 that madman has is the best so far i have heard of from up that way.

Viewing 11 posts - 151 through 161 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.