Shroomin aint for wussies!

Morels.com Forums Missouri Shroomin aint for wussies!

This topic contains 160 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  kb 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 161 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 1, 2015 at 7:34 pm #62122

Tick Boy

I’m telling you right now Shroom doggie, micomikey sniffed you out as the rookie you are when it comes to hunting shrooms. I quit using plastic when I became one with the Morchella fungi years ago. I bet you are one of those guys that pulls the morel out of the ground instead of cutting them. You probably took a picture of your buddies mushrooms cause you were to lazy to get off the porch and find your own. I’ll take you hunt’n, but put on your big boy pants because if you don’t, I’ll just leave you for the ticks BOY!!!!!!!

April 1, 2015 at 8:01 pm #62128

ShroomDawg

I like you already, you’re cocky and that’s good but if you’re judging a shroomer by 1 picture and some plastic bags you’s definitely a rook son. But if it makes you feel better I’ll get me one of those high tech mesh bags and some cutting shears/knife walk around with a Go Pro camera, a cool looking floppy camo brim hat and then you can call me “The Tick Man”. MFROTFLMAO. :lol:

April 1, 2015 at 8:44 pm #62134

micomikey

That’s a great idea Dawg. Get a Go Pro and mount it on your hat. And if you can, try to look at the street signs before heading into the woods. And if you could take a gps and look at that occasionally, that’d be great. :mrgreen:

April 2, 2015 at 7:48 am #62170

Morel Finder

Okay Tick Bite, I must add my thoughts to the plastic bag theory and the cutting with a knife BS. Here’s the real deal of it. I’ve been picking shrooms for over thirty years and can say for a fact that these shrooms could care less how they make to the frying pan. The same spots have given me shrooms over and over as long the ground don’t get molested by farmers who reclaim it for crops or cattle. The cycle of dead elms must remain consistent in the area or the existing dead one’s run their coarse over a 3 year output. The bottom ground is a whole different animal. The rules are walk until you find them on the Mighty Mo. But I must say we have figured out a pattern over the years for success in all types of conditions for all timbers. And that pattern is walk where nobody else is willing because they are most certainly “Wussies”. And with that said, GAME ON boys!!

April 2, 2015 at 10:17 am #62181

hotfuzz

Morel Finder,

Walk where no one else is walking is exactly right. When I go shroomin I hike miles, not feet and I am rewarded for it:)

April 2, 2015 at 1:15 pm #62209

Tick Boy

Hmmmm………Morel Finder. I’ll find more shrooms hunting behind you than most people find in a year. Talk the big talk boy. I’ve been so far back in the woods the ticks won’t even go there. I’ll take you hunt’n too, but make sure your battery is charged on your gps because it might take you a while to find your way out. And if you can’t find your way out, I’ll leave you for the ticks BOY!!!!

April 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm #62509

Chapman two step

You guys are funny on this post so i am going to throw in my 2 cents. Let’s get one thing straight, the only beer to drink with morels is Michelob Amber Bock, from St. Louis. Second thing, my cousin and I hunted the same spot for 10+ years, he pulled them so I wouldn’t know they were there, I left the stump so he knew I had been there. The mushrooms were always there. Third, I thought all good ole Missouri boys were born with built in GPS? And Fourth, He who covers the most Productive ground finds the most morels.Good Luck with your contest up by the river, may the best man win.

April 5, 2015 at 5:51 pm #62512

jeffr234

Found this little bastard in Desoto just now. I hunt barefoot and shirtless and carry my find in a log I hollowed out with my teeth.

April 5, 2015 at 6:09 pm #62513

jeffr234

The little gray ones taste the best in my opinion.

April 5, 2015 at 6:33 pm #62516

ShroomCuttin

I don’t see anything lol

April 5, 2015 at 6:44 pm #62518

jeffr234

Lol that’s probably why you haven’t found any yet

April 5, 2015 at 7:44 pm #62526

Morel Finder

Okay boys I lied about getting out today. The family had a big Easter dinner and I swelled up like Tick Boy on an old hound dog. Dang good food I’m here to tell Ya!! Now back to the Shrooms. With the forecast this coming week here for NW Mo. It should be on like a Donkey’s dong come Friday. Looks like that could be the day for some Shrooming and drinking my favorite hooch afterwards. I’ll be reading the Mail on here and waiting to here from all you boys. Good luck fellow mushroomers. :wink:

April 5, 2015 at 11:23 pm #62544

Joemoris

There are some mycologists that recommend pulling the whole shroom, They say the leaving the stem can introduce bacteria and fungi that will try to feed on the organism underground after growing a colony on the left over base.

April 6, 2015 at 12:44 pm #62595

Peace-<!!!

:lol: Howdy BSers one and all. Truth, haven’t been this year. Truth, no need yet near the Lou.
Truth, ’bout to be time, they will be poppin like crazy this week.

Truth, mesh bags tear up these delicate morsels and by the time anyone plucks (or cuts) A STANDING morel, they have spored out already, by the BILLIONS per shroom. That means 15-20 that are 3″ to 12″ per little plastic bag is completely fine.

Peace to you.

April 6, 2015 at 8:09 pm #62643

KIRBY PRO

Went today for a bit. Looks good just need these next couple warm nights and it’s on!! Good luck guys!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.