Shroomin aint for wussies!

Morels.com Forums Missouri Shroomin aint for wussies!

This topic contains 160 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  kb 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 7, 2015 at 9:31 pm #62764

ShroomDawg

ShroomDawg has good news for all shroomers.
The ol plum tree has finally starting bloomin which means y’all better think about getting out and shroomin. It’s a done deal, in the next few days we should have some reports of decent finds around the KC area, at least enough to get some in the skillet. The plum tree has spoken.
A little rain would be of great help too.

April 8, 2015 at 3:41 pm #62849

aadavis42

the weather around kc has been perfect. warm and humid yesterday rain today going to warsaw on Friday hoping to find at least half as many as I found last year would be a great year if that happens

April 8, 2015 at 7:40 pm #62881

Chapman two step

Hey ShroomDawg, if I was you I would not listen to the plum tree, the plum tree might speak with forked tongue. My apple tree spoke yesterday, I listened but was made a fool. Had to go 20 miles south to find 4 very small greys on terrain that only mountain goats could appreciate. I am 170 miles south of you, just guessing. With the cold night temps. coming my theory says it will be slow this weekend. Let’s post up on Sunday and see how Mother Nature has treated us. Good Luck To All & may your skillet get used this weekend!

April 8, 2015 at 8:09 pm #62883

Miss A

We’ve been out this week and haven’t found anything is St. Charles County yet.

April 8, 2015 at 9:18 pm #62893

Morel Finder

Fellow Shroomers, I must confess that while I’m out in them there woods this season I’ma gonna keep an eye out for me some Seng. :lol: That piece of root is going to get my root jump started again. :-P . Now on a more serious note, this weekend will most certainly put shrooms in the skillet because the Dawgs plum tree has plain ass flowered. Dawg man you better be right son cause I can’t wait any longer!! I’ll cut that Plum tree to the ground if it’s a lying. :wink:

April 8, 2015 at 10:09 pm #62901

ShroomDawg

Chappie the day the plum tree spoke (4-7-15) was the day my nephew found a small shroom in Weston Bend Park so I’ll hold to my prediction that shrooms will be found in the KC area this weekend. Might not be the Muthalode but enough to slam a few beers with after a hard day of stompin the woods. If the rain continues to be south of KC I may need to make a run somewhere south and east of KC as that area has been getting slammed with a lot of rain.
But I do agree the main season will not kick in for the KC area until next week.

MF’R why would anyone want to cut down ShrroomDawgs prized plum tree? You know the tree don’t lie and this weekend the tree will prove itself again.

April 8, 2015 at 10:43 pm #62906

Tick Boy

Dawg I’ve seen that prize plum tree and it ain’t special. I need some more smokin wood and I’m thinking about trying some of that plum wood after MF’R chops it down.

MF”R that better be a big piece of Seng if you want to raise the dead. :lol: :wink:

April 8, 2015 at 10:51 pm #62910

ShroomDawg

Tickle, if that tree is lying then the tree is dying but I think the tree is going to prove once again it’s blooms bring the shrooms.

Just saw where someone in St Joe found some small greys so right now I’m betting on the Ol Plum Tree living on bro.

April 9, 2015 at 4:54 pm #62994

ShroomDawg

Not looking good for the Ol Plum tree, went out to my early spot and it’s looking like next week before the shrooms pop.

If anyone within 60 miles of KC finds enough to throw in the skillet (1-2 lbs) before 04/13/2015 post the pictures to save the Ol Plum tree. Tickle Boy wants to use the Plum for his smoker so I’m asking y’all for some help here. That Plum tree was something the wife got from MO conservation Dept so she’s not gonna be happy if I have to let Tick Boy cut it for smoke wood.

I’m gonna blame Chappie for this situation, the boy and his apple tree done jinxed me.

April 9, 2015 at 5:17 pm #62997

newrocker15

Haven’t seen enough to fry yet but I did get my first grey today just outside of buckner. They are up for sure but this weekend will be the true start. The plum tree lives.

April 9, 2015 at 5:40 pm #63002

ShroomDawg

photo IMG_1130 2_zpsuba4s7kb.jpg

photo IMG_1128 2_zps6vr7eq6j.jpg

Save the Ol Plum Tree from Tick Boy’s smoker, newrocker believes in the tree.

April 9, 2015 at 6:00 pm #63006

wizardscycle

sorry folks but the mushrooms I find in my honey hole are so big,
I use them for buckets to carrie home the little 3 incher’s in :wink:

April 10, 2015 at 7:52 am #63067

aadavis42

well Friday is here and im headin to warsaw to do some shroom huntin. will let u guys know if the plum tree is gonna survive or not. by 6 pm the answer will b known. hopefully for dawgs plum tree ill be sick on beer and shrooms

April 10, 2015 at 9:12 am #63078

ShroomDawg

I’ll be going out on Sunday, might look around a little this afternoon close to the house but after yesterdays short hunt not expecting to find much if anything until Sunday.

April 11, 2015 at 12:47 am #63221

Chapman two step

Hey Shroom Dawg,
I saw your challenge and I accept. The plum tree isn’t going anywhere, I got your back! Been in the woods today and found 5 small yellows and 1 grey fresh poppers only 1 inch tall. They will not make your 1 pound goal but still have 2 more days to hunt before work calls. Yes I am within your 60 mile radius on the southeast side. I did upload a pic. of today’s find, site said it was pending 4-10-15. You just tell Mrs. Dawg she gets to keep her tree. Tick boy will have to find his own plum tree to cut down. The yellows I found today just popped in my early spot.
The theory I am trying to make in this post is ” What plant coincides with the first day yellow morels come up in your area?” Forget the fruit trees they do speak with forked tongue. As of today my indicator plant is a lilac brush that bloomed yesterday. All input into this question is welcome from all people. Can a group of country folks define a species of plant that says ” I have bloomed and so shall the morels?” All opinions are welcome!
To All have great morel season!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 161 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.