St. Joseph/ NW.Mo

Morels.com Forums Missouri St. Joseph/ NW.Mo

This topic contains 87 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  trotline 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 24, 2015 at 5:36 am #65274

nwmoshroomer

Hope everyone’s having a good year so far. I’ve been to busy at work to get out. Taking off Sunday and Monday to go. I haven’t heard of any big hauls in Northern Missouri so far. It’s dry, hopefully we get some rain today.
kb….you must be slaughtering them somewhere, I haven’t seen you on the message boards. Happy Shrooming all !!

April 24, 2015 at 7:54 am #65277

kb

NW. tried to call you a few times. I think I have the right number. They were small your way last Sunday. Hope you do well. Give me a call if your pattern is hitting. 261-0112

April 25, 2015 at 9:47 am #65399

nwmoshroomer

KB. I seen your calls, sorry was at work. Been a crazy couple weeks, a lot of last minute catering jobs. Was going to take most of this next week off, but have a 250+ people catering this next Saturday. Taking off Sunday – Tuesday now. We got a little shower this morning, but I don’t think it’s near enough, we’ve gotten pretty dry up here. I’ll try to call you this morning sometime. I managed a 10 minute hunt the other day on the way to work and found 6, 1″ to 3″. So hopefully it’ll be good when I head out. Happy Shroomn’ All !

April 26, 2015 at 2:11 pm #65558

ruthead

Any action in nwmo? Been outta state since wed.

April 26, 2015 at 9:42 pm #65635

kb

Mid Season rutland, if you want some they are there. I would call it an average year.

April 27, 2015 at 6:57 am #65669

nwmoshroomer

I agree w/kb ruthead. With no rain in the forecast until Saturday, I’m guessing this is the last week of them here in NW. I hit 6 spots yesterday. First 5 only yielded around 1 1/2 lbs. The last spot (all maples) yielded a little over 5 lbs and was only there about 45 minutes. But a huge thanks to kb for letting me know what they were finding morels around down around Leavenworth. Going to hit it again today. Happy Shroomn’ All !

April 27, 2015 at 1:49 pm #65721

Morelican

Found these in my front yard this morning in Independence, MO. I cut a good-sized root on a large elm near the street three years ago to do some landscaping. This is the third year in a row now I have found morels in my front yard. Some of these were growing under some low growing evergreens along my sidewalk.

photo FrontYard2015.jpg

April 27, 2015 at 5:47 pm #65757

csbrt

I live around bethany and have had zero luck in areas where I usually do really well any ideas?

April 27, 2015 at 7:20 pm #65769

ShroomDawg

Hasn’t it been dry up yonder, may need a good rain to really get the shrooms poppin where you’re at

April 27, 2015 at 7:22 pm #65770

csbrt

We’ve had a fair share of rain. But quite a few cold nights still below freezing a couple days ago

April 27, 2015 at 7:34 pm #65772

ShroomDawg

There ya go, may be the 2-3 nights y’all had down in the low 30′s last week that put the skids on the shroom pop, looks like upper 70′s to low 80′s later this week so maybe that’ll get’m goin. :wink:

April 27, 2015 at 9:11 pm #65789

kb

csbrt, I picked some really nice ones just north of you on Sun. They are not real plentiful, you just have to find good elms or in the case of NW some river maples. He lives up your way to. I hit dozens of good elm, but only three had morels. But they were really good.

April 28, 2015 at 7:15 pm #65926

shroom89

No shrooms here in Nebraska. I lived in Lees Summit for 17 years and got spoiled. Nothing here. I am looking to travel back to NW Missouri to do some hunting. Does someone want to go out with me just once to get some. I would be greatly appreciative. brandonhein@gmail.com

April 28, 2015 at 8:42 pm #65943

kb

shroom89, where in Neb. do you live? The cottonwoods are the trees in the Great Plains. Go to your nearest stream, lake, river? Find cottonwoods with dead limbs or have just died. If you live in the Eastern part you can still hit elm if you can find them and cottons. All I know is that buyers are picking up hundreds of pounds in Neb. now, so they have to be there. If you are driving east its close to the end in Lees Summit. You need to aim farther north. Can’t go with you but that’s how to get some morels.

April 29, 2015 at 8:36 pm #66128

NewB87

I live in lee summit and pulled out about 300 total so far this year between 5 trips last night I went out was Monday and pulled about 50 real nice sized greys and blondes. Came across a easy 50-75 that were to far gone and am kicking my self in the arse for not hitting that spot a few days sooner. I’m making one more trip on Friday morning early A.M and headed north as far as I can with out wanting to drive to far. What’s the least farthest you think I can get away with going north with the best odds of finding some still in season?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.