1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

about 3 moore months

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by ant, Dec 21, 2012.

1. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

just think of all the Morels in the skillet!

2. pedro

pedro Morel Connoisseur

The days are getting longer again so it is all down hill from here,

3. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

thank god the days are getting longer.but come spring in the woods itll be all up hill both ways.LOL.Lets hope these old bones are up to it.Or poor old Scott will have to push me around in a wheelbarrow.ROFL.

4. pedro

pedro Morel Connoisseur

Find a palce to do some walking in doors, then the hills will not seem so big. A little walking every day will make Spring more enjoyable. I am monitoring some small blewits to see if this cold spell has ended the blewit season.

5. jamil

jamil Morel Enthusiast

Ant, no to be a cause of any offensive remark here, but I'm wondering if I did purchase 4 lbs of Morels las year from you...just touching base for the 2013 season. Where I'm, I can't find Morel on my lot.

6. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

Jamil no I didnt hardly get enough for myself last year.But am hopeing for a better year this spring.

7. pedro

pedro Morel Connoisseur

I just got in from shoveling 6" of snow. it was a good work out to keep in shape for this morel season. Moisture is moisture. The area I hunt up north had above average rain for for December so, so far so good.LOL.

8. jamil

jamil Morel Enthusiast

Ant,
    Thanks. Hopefully this year will be better for you. I have to get on new terrains areas to search for Morels.

9. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

Jamil what part of the state do you live in ,maybe we can go explore some new turf?Either way good luck.

10. jamil

jamil Morel Enthusiast

Thanks Ant. I'm from Ruckersvile Virginia, but do forage wherever I'm if I can help it. Thanks for the thought and I will post any Morel finds in my area if I got lucky. There are group trips for morel hunting that I will be checking for next year season.

11. pedro

pedro Morel Connoisseur

You folks in Southern Ohio
    becarefull out in the woods.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/07/16395401-it-gave-me-a-bear-hug-bobcat-attacks-massachusetts-family?lite

12. ant

ant Morel Connoisseur

thanks Pedro now I dont wana go outside.LOL

13. pedro

pedro Morel Connoisseur

About t12 years ago, I got within 40 yards of one. I had my Airedale with me and he wanted the bob cat but I would not let him go after it. That cat was about 40 pounds of pure muscle. This was down around Peeples Ohio.

14. shroomerboomer6969

shroomerboomer6969 Morel Enthusiast

If it was safe, I've always thought it would be interesting to try to wrestle a bobcat/ large cat