1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Current Weather and Shrooming?

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by hickory chick magnet, Feb 6, 2013.

1. hickory chick magnet

hickory chick magnet Morel Connoisseur

So how will the weather we have been having affect this years morel season? Do think it will be better or worse than last year?

2. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

I think we are going to have to have more moisture to have the kind of season that we are looking for,lets pray for this to happen.Good Luck and God Bless.

3. nixtr

nixtr Morel Enthusiast

East Tennessee had a really warm winter last year as well. I killed about 10lb in over a week of hunting. I think that if the
    rains cometh, we will be good to go. Didn't seem like the warm winter effected my hunting grounds. Boone, where are you
    located?? If I hit the mother load, you can have some. I will be near Johnson City as soon as the small ones start getting
    plump. Mid-March I do reckon...

4. rv man

rv man Young Morel

There are on the way to pop soon..today would be good

5. indiegrind

indiegrind Morel Enthusiast

I don't think it could be possible for it to be worst than last year.

6. playindead

playindead Morel Enthusiast

I'd have to agree with indiegrind. I had a rotten year in 2012. May the pungent gods of the hallowed grounds push up a plethora of fungus to us all this season!

7. meekmorel

meekmorel Morel Enthusiast

Im expecting a good year since last year we had a bad year and a drought. We have had a good amount of moisture this winter and last fall. But like always, it is always unpredictable.

8. moreldawg

moreldawg Morel Enthusiast

A bad day shroomn' is better than a good day at Whatever!
    Its gona be a GREAT YEAR!
    Good luck all.......course its all skill! Lol