1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

First morels of the season

Discussion in 'Ohio' started by shroomdoggiedog, Mar 31, 2013.

1. shroomdoggiedog

shroomdoggiedog Morel Enthusiast

Well has anyone seen a dated pic this year for Ohio? I know that i have not. Went to my money spot to hope to find one in March. Well lets just say it will b a week or 2 b 4 any are found in my area. The woods are starting to show some life. The weather is looking good for us all. Man last year was a tough one had to hunt really hard. By this time last year i was finding mature yellows that had been up for weeks. Hope everyone has a good spring and that the shrooms will be every were.Good luck to all and happy hunting..P.S leave your rakes at home and b patient.

2. hippiemike75

hippiemike75 Young Morel

Scoped out a couple of my honey holes today. No luck but i did come across one false morel. The woods are definitely starting to come to life though...

3. fbm821

fbm821 Morel Enthusiast

scoped out mine and nothing a buddy of mine did find one about the size of a dime

4. shroom hunting hippy

shroom hunting hippy Morel Enthusiast

Heard there were blacks being found in southern ohio, but not pictures or dates.

5. halffree

halffree Young Morel

hocking co. blacks found april 5th and New Paris ohio posted on morelmushroomhunting.net