1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Found 1st of the season today.

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by ricard76, Apr 5, 2013.

1. ricard76

ricard76 Morel Connoisseur

3 very small blacks that I opted to mark and leave to check on them a day or 2 later. Biggest only 2 1/2 inches. Hoping to find more tomorrow. I have one patch that is on a southeast facing hillside that just maybe will produce earlier. These were found on east and north facing hills in Hart county.

2. spt64

spt64 Young Morel

Just checked my regular spot in Hardin County, but didn't see any in that patch. I am encouraged by your find though.

3. ricard76

Checked SE facing hill this morning and nothing there. Going back tomorrow to ck patches where I found the 3 on Friday.

4. serenitywolf

serenitywolf Morel Enthusiast

Hey Ricard hello what county u in?Went on the hunt yesterday here in Grayson county no luck. Heading out now to do some fishin and a bit more hunting.Good luck all.

5. ricard76

Hart/Edmonson. Have not seen the 1st mayapple plant breaking the soil. Still early.

6. ricard76

Found 4 more blacks today and checked on the 3 that we found Friday afternoon. They had hardly grown any in 36 hrs so I picked them also. 7 is all we found. Hopefully the rains coming this week will hit everybody's patches and if so they'll be up in #'s on the weekend. All but 1 of these were tiny. The biggest was 3 1/2 inches.