1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

frankfort

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by pvtkeller, Mar 12, 2013.

1. pvtkeller

pvtkeller Young Morel

Ok i grew up in Indiana been shroomin' all my life but i live in frankfort kentucky now have had no luck finding and sponge in this area. Most people down here think im crazy when i talk about mushrooms. The area i grew up in was really flat back home should i stick to a particular side of a hill or does it matter i could use all the help i can get cause a four hour drive is a long way back home even though its worth it thanks yall luke.

2. ricard76

ricard76 Morel Connoisseur

Luke, the hunting in your part of the state will be considerably different than the flat lands of western IN. The blacks can be found on wooded ridgetops and east and north facing hillsides. Hickories and poplars need to be present and don't hunt woods dominated by oaks. Yellows and greys can be found in creek bottoms around ash and sycamore and the rare elm. We don't have the elms like you do in IN. Good luck. I found my 1st lst year on the 18th but don't expect it to be that early this year.

3. pvtkeller

pvtkeller Young Morel

Thanks for the reply that helps alot :-D found one last year in owsley county thats about it. Sounds like i need to research my trees a little bit i know my sycamores but as far as others a little lost. I know grandma always said to look around may apples don't know about that had no luck