1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

It's almost Time, Michigan

Discussion in 'Southern Michigan' started by zmushroom queen, Mar 3, 2013.

1. zmushroom queen

zmushroom queen Young Morel

Getting antsey, looking for new spots while on my routes!!

2. bradgrasslake

bradgrasslake Young Morel

I too am getting antsy. My eyes are constantly wandering to the woods while I am driving looking for freshly dead elm trees, ash trees, old fruit trees, etc.
    We have been getting very good precipitation the last several weeks and have about 4 inches of snow on the ground. That will help, I see the possibility of snow Tuesday and warming by the weekend. All good. We havebeen lucky that every time the ground cover snow melted, we got more snow cover within a day or two. Winter evaporation has been minnimal.
    Now I just need to start walking and getting the wood legs into shape ( and lose a little gut too!}.

3. www_morelbook_com

www_morelbook_com Young Morel

Hey ZMushroom Queen you are correct. Have you noticed that the trees are budding and ready to open? I think in about 2-3 weeks the temps will break and it will warm up nicely. Hopefully a gradual warming not the sudden summer we had last year
    I too have been barely keeping it between the guardrails while watching for elms,, ash and poppo I definitely have caught the morel fever again even after almost 70 years of chasing the fast little buggers Jim www.morelbook.com