1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Lancaster County

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by ArbGuy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ArbGuy

ArbGuy Young Morel

I thought I'd open a thread for Lancaster. If there is one already sorry for the repeat.
    Anyway, if you want to post comments pictures or condition updates for county feel free. I'm super excited for this season!!

2. ArbGuy

ArbGuy Young Morel

Found a handful of long necks this evening. Most had dried up caps. Not sure if we need more rain? Plenty of Ramps out there though.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017

3. chase2634

chase2634 Morel Enthusiast

4th trip out yesterday to a new spot on SGL. Nice spots with creek bed and forested areas, lots of skunk cabbage, ramps, may apples but again not 1 morel. 4th trip getting skunked. Surprised to say the least but nothing in Eastern Lancaster county so far for me. Probably put in 10 hours so far this year with no morels. Bad start compared to last year but staying hopeful.

1 person likes this.
  4. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Howdy Everyone. .Wade her...
    Our spots are Near Lake Monroe. .Bloomington Indiana. We have found about 350 so far We have been invited to Hunt..
    up coats ville way we will bei aroufthi see ya

5. zimboydevon

zimboydevon Morel Enthusiast

I was in northern Lancaster co yesterday morning in a spot that looked very promising but didn't find any... it's raining steady now, im thinking tomorrow should be good?! I'd love to tag along with someone that knows what they are doing whether it be at one of my spots or a new spot..

6. chase2634

Going to try to find an hour or two to head out to a new promising area today. Don't have my hopes up too much though as so far all 4 trips have netted zero morels. I'll take a few pheasant backs at this point. Morel season 2017 for this guy has been poor and frustrating. Hoping this rain helps. Good luck if you go. I'm in NE Lancaster as well.

7. chase2634

Well I got out for a few hours but only found 7. Better than nothing but slow.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. zimboydevon

zimboydevon Morel Enthusiast

I would just like to see one single morel!! Another hour today with nothing