1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Lancaster County

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by ArbGuy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. ArbGuy

ArbGuy Young Morel

I thought I'd open a thread for Lancaster. If there is one already sorry for the repeat.
    Anyway, if you want to post comments pictures or condition updates for county feel free. I'm super excited for this season!!

1 person likes this.
  2. ArbGuy

ArbGuy Young Morel

Found a handful of long necks this evening. Most had dried up caps. Not sure if we need more rain? Plenty of Ramps out there though.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017

3. chase2634

chase2634 Morel Enthusiast

4th trip out yesterday to a new spot on SGL. Nice spots with creek bed and forested areas, lots of skunk cabbage, ramps, may apples but again not 1 morel. 4th trip getting skunked. Surprised to say the least but nothing in Eastern Lancaster county so far for me. Probably put in 10 hours so far this year with no morels. Bad start compared to last year but staying hopeful.

1 person likes this.
  4. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Howdy Everyone. .Wade here..
    Our spots are Near Lake Monroe. .Bloomington Indiana. We have found about 400 so far We have been invited to Hunt Lancaster county
    up colebrook way we will be there 28th-29th
    here's a picture of some of our finds

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  5. zimboydevon

zimboydevon Morel Enthusiast

I was in northern Lancaster co yesterday morning in a spot that looked very promising but didn't find any... it's raining steady now, im thinking tomorrow should be good?! I'd love to tag along with someone that knows what they are doing whether it be at one of my spots or a new spot..

1 person likes this.
  6. chase2634

Going to try to find an hour or two to head out to a new promising area today. Don't have my hopes up too much though as so far all 4 trips have netted zero morels. I'll take a few pheasant backs at this point. Morel season 2017 for this guy has been poor and frustrating. Hoping this rain helps. Good luck if you go. I'm in NE Lancaster as well.

1 person likes this.
  7. chase2634

Well I got out for a few hours but only found 7. Better than nothing but slow.

Attached Files:

8. zimboydevon

zimboydevon Morel Enthusiast

I would just like to see one single morel!! Another hour today with nothing

1 person likes this.
  9. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Hi. Zimboydevon. .. Wade here. ...
    Keep Hunting Man...You will find Something!....
    We are coming out to Lancaster and intend to Hunt Game lands Friday and Saturday. .
    we found 400 so far here in Monroe county Indiana

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  10. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

We intend on Hunting northern Lancaster county this Friday 28th - Sunday. ..and Would like to Here Some Reports from Anyone in Lancaster county Pennsylvania or Would Also like to Here from Anyone from surrounding county's and States..
    Here are some More Pictures from Out Monroe county Indiana 2017 Hunting 20170421_150150.jpg 20170415_111421.jpeg 1492825063660.jpg

1 person likes this.
  11. chase2634

Good luck! Been hunting SGL's with zero luck to date.

1 person likes this.
  12. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Hi. Chase2634 ....Wade here. ....
    Good to hear from you....
    Well we Really don't know anyone nor anywhere else to go...so we'll except some luck...And give it our best efforts. ..
    Can you share any additional thoughts about SGL .
    IMG_05031.jpg 20160415_075525.jpg

1 person likes this.
  13. chase2634

Been finding the few I have on State Forest areas. I did find one today on an SGL in Lancaster that's 2 minutes from my home while I was on lunch break but it's been really scattered with no flushes yet this year. I've tried apple trees, creek bottoms, hard woods etc and the vast majority were found under one young elm on state forest land. Odd year for me so far. The time is right just gotta find those elms I guess. Last year I found them under poplars, Ash, oak, apple and walnut. Not this year. Good luck if you go and let us know how you make out.

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  14. ArbGuy

ArbGuy Young Morel

Went out Sunday evening and ran into a decent patch of blacks. 16 all within in 6x6 area. Thats the biggest stand I've ever come across here in Lancaster Co. Usually I find 5 or 6 then have to move on. Im still dreaming of those LARGE stands I see pictures of. All in all Im happy with what Im finding this year.

2 people like this.
  15. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Cool..Howdy ArbGuy. .. Wade here. ..
    Finding Black would be so AWESOME !!!
    99% of the Blacks in My Regular spots were Ruined when they logged it in 1970.
    We intend to hunt SGL in Lancaster county this Friday and Saturday. .
    Do you think we'll still be hit'n the Black In Full Popping Then?

16. ArbGuy

ArbGuy Young Morel

I think you'll have a pretty good chance they'll still be up. The ones I found were probably 10 days old. Had good luck under big old Poplar trees.

1 person likes this.
  17. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Alright Thanks For the Report. .ArbGuy
    We will Hunt a couple of our spots this evening before the Sun gets to setting.
    Then Tomorrow Morning We'll Be on the Road headed for Lancaster county. 20160421_171908.jpeg 20160325_171351.jpg

1 person likes this.
  18. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Hi ArbGuy... Wade Here...
    if you are able, please put some kinda cool picture on your profile. ..like a picture of yourself ..or Bigfoot..or a big morel...
    And it should help attract more people to check out this thread! !d
    And then gain more cool members and friendships :cool::):D:p:eek:

19. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Howdy Yall. .. Wade here. .
    I was wondering if Marijuana is legal in Pennsylvania? If yes I was thinking bout maybe trying me some of that while I'm out there.:D
    well either way Here I come..
    we are on Hwy 70 Rollin straight at ya

20. wade

wade Morel Connoisseur

Hello hello hello!
    Who's Find'n Morels
    Show Us What You Got! !!!