1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Northeast Oklahoma

Discussion in 'Oklahoma' started by seasonal forager, Mar 2, 2013.

1. seasonal forager

seasonal forager Morel Enthusiast

Wow, this new forum is crazy. Totally different. I kinda like it.

I am very excited for this morel season, and I have high hopes that it will be a good year. I expect this to be a more normal year than the last, when they were up a good 2 weeks early due to abnormally warm temperatures. Due to that fact, i missed out on the peak of the season and only got in at the tail end of it.

Let the games begin!!

2. seasonal forager

Yep, gonna be a later season. I think i'll start looking round the last weekend in march! Probably going to be more like the first week of April for the northeast but it never hurts to get an early leg up.

3. santa shroom

santa shroom Morel Enthusiast

Forager I am in Sand Springs aren't you in "Bartilsville"

4. santa shroom

This new forum is crazy to say the least. I cannot figure how to change my password. Damn sure NOT user friendly.

5. okie shroom hunter

okie shroom hunter Morel Connoisseur

santa shroom, to change your password click on your avatar and then in the top left corner there should be a button that says edit click that and then scroll to the bottom where it says new password.

6. santa shroom

Okie thank you very much. Now tell me when I should start looking. LOL

7. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Myself, I will start next weekend. First find last year was the 12th. I started a couple weeks after the first daffodils and dandelions. I have both. May be a waste but will be fun.

8. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Better get out next weekend. A buddy found beefsteaks over the weekend.

9. nate

nate Morel Connoisseur

Wow Hoppy! Where what area of the state was your buddy hunting in?

10. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

Just a reminder that we will be down in Okie in the next week or 2 and will be hunting and buying all the Morels that you are selling.Nate last year you met my partner RJ,hopefully this year you will be able to help us out again.The hunting is what we like to do the most,but we are buying Morels and hope that all have a GREAT year.God Bless and good luck.

11. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

I neglected to let you know that we are also buying foraged foods.As soon as the season starts again.We are paying top dollar and all foods has to be fresh and in good shape.Good luck and take care.God Bless.

12. demi

demi Young Morel

Boone, what kind of foraged food are you looking for?

13. flatbottomfrank

flatbottomfrank Morel Enthusiast

anyone found any yet in NEOK?

14. shroomzilla

shroomzilla Young Morel

Nope, nothing yet flatbottom. I have spent the last two days foraging my Creek County spots. No luck. Still seems awfully dry out there. I'll hit it again this afternoon.

15. seasonal forager

the redbuds still aren't anywhere close to blooming.

16. flatbottomfrank

flatbottomfrank Morel Enthusiast

Yeah in Tulsa they started a few days ago. But I'm out in chewey this weekend not much green not even may apples up

17. twisterchaser

twisterchaser Young Morel

I found 25 in Creek co. along the Cimarron river today.

18. seasonal forager

anyone found them around Bartlesville yet? I am going to go out on Saturday.

19. hoppy

hoppy Morel Enthusiast

Yep. Found 4 today by my tree. They are extremely small. So cute. Now the hunt is on!!!

20. santa shroom

They are here!! Found around 50 this afternoon. Mostly greys, some yellows, damn those greys are hard to spot, you have to look close. Found in the Sand Springs area.