1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Morels.com!

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Blackbeard, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Administrator Staff Member

Hello welcome all Morel Hunters!

We recently migrated to the a new software platform, called Xenforo. It does work on all mobile platforms, as well as desktop/laptop computers. We are still getting the site setup and fully moved over - we normally wouldn't have interrupted right as the peak of Morel season hits, but there was a looming security threat moved up our timeline.

We will be posting a guide on how to do things, but we hope you enjoy the new platform. You can upload directly to the site images of your finds!

We still have a good bit to clean up, and correct, so we appreciate your understanding during this time. However feel free to start a conversation with me, or ask any questions you might have.

2. bohemianjon

bohemianjon Morel Enthusiast

Hope we will have info by state???

1 person likes this.

3. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Administrator Staff Member

Yes, we will have more in depth by state soon enough.

1 person likes this.
  4. austin

austin Administrator Staff Member

To add to what's been said, if you have any questions please let me know. I'm happy to teach you guys how to use the software.

1 person likes this.
  5. pbwv

pbwv Morel Connoisseur

Love the new platform, took me a min to get my password redone but this is so much easier to use. Thank you for all the hard work you do.

Blackbeard and (deleted member) like this.
  6. austin

1 person likes this.
  7. jjcoolb1967

jjcoolb1967 Morel Enthusiast

Been hunting morels in Virginia long time like site want to share

8. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

I find that there is inconsistency in the re-posting of past photos/postings. For example, I find that some peoples picture postings are carried forward to the new software, ex., Jacks. I find that any of my past pic picture postings are referenced but not posted as images. If I take an image link reference and paste it and click, I can find the referenced image. Since images are such an important part of postings, I hope further effort will be put forward toward bringing past images from past posts into the new software.

9. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

i.imgur.com/tf1tKPt.jpg[

The above is an example of one image that can be found if the link within the post is copied and pasted. Can't the picture be automatically included in the post as in the past?

10. austin

Please use the Upload a File button and upload the image directly to the site. That's the best way of preserving information for the ages to come is if they are hosted here.

11. austin

I'm not 100% on what you mean. Can you clarify a bit? Screenshots would help of you showing me what's wrong that you don't like so we can see if it's something we can change or something we have to live with.

12. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  13. jack

This is a Screen Shot of page 12

[​IMG]

14. i fish

i fish Young Morel

I've been trying to get a conversation started with an administrator, but every time it says server error. I have video of an amazing, kinda unbelievable find, but want to know where to post it. I'm not even sure I'm putting this in the right place. Will someone from admin contact me please?

15. i fish

i fish Young Morel

This was found yesterday growing in the basement of a friend's rental house:

Inthewild and (deleted member) like this.
  16. austin

Sorry, the conversation system is down and can only be accessed through the conversation page.

What state are you in? We're broke down by state so it would be best if you posted to your state.

17. austin

Page 12 of what thread? Please provide a URL.

To ping me you have to use the @ symbol, so it would be @austin if you need me to view something in a thread.

18. jack

19. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Thanks jack,blackberd for the site. Much appreciared! :) buckthornman

20. austin

This is a test.

[​IMG]