13 lbs found in Lewis and Clark county. on 5/3/14

Discussion in 'Missouri' started by renbender, May 3, 2014.

1. renbender

renbender Morel Enthusiast

13 pounds greys and yellows. Sold all for 20 per pound. Found 7 lbs yesterday and 6 the day before that. Good year so far.

2. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Renbender, NIce haul. If I recall you do pretty good every year. Just wondering if you are picking all those on rivers or in the hills. I hunted that way years ago and have good memories of it. Thought I might go back and check some old spots if I thought it was any good. I live in St. Joe on the other side of the state. Thnks for any info. Wish you had a picture, I bet those are pretty.

3. minvik1

minvik1 Young Morel

Renbender you finding all your mushrooms in Missouri? All my spots in Adams County have been hit n miss. Found 4 pounds in one spot 5/3/2014 and 1 pound 5/4/2014. Seems a little early in certain spots where I go here in Adams County.

4. renbender

renbender Morel Enthusiast

Found May 9th 30 pounds between me and a friend. All on Mo side of Mississippi river. I hunt about a mile from river in old flooded areas. Some still have little standing water but most is dry areas now. I stopped off hwy 61 and went to a tree line and picked 5 lbs in 20 mins. Cant believe it was not hunted. I tell all to stop at tree line and look. I do have lots of picks but dont know how to post them.

5. smguffer

smguffer Morel Connoisseur

found 1,064 pounds today. things still poppin

dont have any pictures, but its all true. take my word for it.

6. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Renbender, You do this every year in those bottoms? I assume the tree line has dead cottonwood? or maple? willow? or they just tend to grow there? I hunt the MO. River bottoms over here, but the Miss. land is many times the size.