Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found my first Morel yesterday here in Leisure World Seal Beach California while out walking and looking in my favorite spot it wasn't the prettiest but at least it's a morel. looks like it's going to be an early season here. 20191231_105434-1.jpg
20191231_105434-1.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of Morels being found in winter here...or elsewhere. Post some photos if you find more; it might be a first!
I'm here on the 13th of January last year and ended up overall with probably about a pound maybe a pound and a half but they actually lasted from January until April anyway the next next time I find any I'll post it and let you know anyway I am here in Seal Beach California and anyway hope for more rain that way I can find Morel mushrooms have a good day and thanks for your reply

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Richard, what elevation were you finding yours? Seal Beach seems like an odd place to find them. I'm up in Sac and I usually go to the Sierras.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dang Man.. @richard lingenfelter
do Yall not get much rain..
we get Rain bout every day.. or maybe 3 days apart thru most of each month.
Year round !!
here in central Indiana
Rain here is hit-and-miss so far the last big rain we had was two weeks ago and it was less than one tenth of an inch hopefully we'll get rain within the next month but probably not

·
Registered
549 Posts
Dang Man.. @richard lingenfelter
do Yall not get much rain..
we get Rain bout every day.. or maybe 3 days apart thru most of each month.
Year round !!
here in central Indiana
I can tell you a little bit about California weather since I was in the fine wine business for about 30 years. One year I had a winery rep from the Paso Robles area here for 3 days to work the market in NE Ohio. This was in late March, early April. I remember a phone conversation she had with someone back in CA. She said, "The weather here is crazy! It was in the 40's yesterday, the 50's today, and will be in the 60's tomorrow!" Apparently they are used to "steady state" weather with slow, seasonal swings! She also asked me if we had a "rainy season". I said, "Yes! It's called the calendar year!"

Rain here is hit-and-miss so far the last big rain we had was two weeks ago and it was less than one tenth of an inch hopefully we'll get rain within the next month but probably not
This cracked me up! A "big rain" is less than one tenth of an inch! OMG! ROFLMBO! I've seen single thunderstorms drop 3+ inches of rain. And last year, admittedly an unusually wet one, We had 20 inches of rain in a week!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know where you're coming from if they say was going to rain this weekend they say maybe we might even get as much as one tenth of an inch they don't even mention that in the news anywhere else anyway hopefully will get rain in the next week or two and then I can send some more pictures and thanks for your reply I'll talk to you soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts