1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by ricomorelo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ricomorelo

ricomorelo Morel Enthusiast

Hello everyone. Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck this year.I hope everyone finds lots of morels. Waiting very patiently but getting very anxious to start hunting. Last year was my family's first year hunting and we found over 100 lbs of beautiful blondes and greys. My kids ask every couple days if it's time to go hunt. Lol there hooked. Done lots of research and got a good season planned across 4 states. Good ol Kansas weather is such a tease. 4 or 5 beautiful 50's then snow on ground, but we need the moisture so it's ok. Just need the soil temperature to keep rising and were on.
    Special shout out to my friend Mitch good luck buddy, can't wait to see how big your haul is this year.

2. missourishroommate

missourishroommate Morel Connoisseur

Hey RicoMorelo! Happy Spring buddy! I too am fired up and ready to go! Been working on the stairstepper for a few weeks now getting the legs in shape and weight down! Planning a trip to Georgia/Alabama this year as soon as they start poppin'! With the deep freeze we have had this winter, if the warm-up comes at the proper speed, we could be looking at a banner year in our area. I wish you and your family the best of luck!

Good luck ShroomMates!
    Mitch

3. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Yo Mitch, getting ready for the SE huh? What type of trees do they hunt on down that way? Someone could tell me swamp oak and I would have to believe them after the weird year last year. Anyway ,can you work in climbing over giant cottonwood trees in 85 degree heat in your workout? I got to give you credit for carrying those morels out through the suffering last year. The morel gods were testing you, and you passed beyond and came back. That was a good spot, we will need to crash it again this year. Hope I have more time this year. I had many family related problems beyond my control that had to come first last year. If not for KM, RJ, and you I would not have found nearly what I did. Thanks for the information, I will pay you back. Won't be long now, time to start some serious hiking and tagging

4. missourishroommate

Hey KB, yea buddy, i'm lucky I did not do any lasting damage to my internals if ya know what I mean. I'm glad you and KM were there to encourage me outta that mess. It really sucked to be so out of it that I had to walk by hundreds of Morels still in the ground. I went back the next week and as I was heading in two guys and a kid came rollin' out with onion sacks over their shoulders full of my pain!!! jk

Looking forward to hunting with you again this year! Giddyyyuppp!

Mitch

5. kb

kb Morel Connoisseur

Mitch, Good thing you did not tell us about those morels out there. We might have been tempted to abandon you and go for the gold. Naw, morel hunters take care of their own. I think we will pick them all this spring and float them down the river barge style. I think TP was singing about morel hunting in this song, what do you guys think? Running down a dream, never would come to me, working on a mystery, going where ever it leads.Running down a dream. Sounds like morel season to me! Hey Kole buddy I still have your Minnesota Gaz., if you are out there. I assume you are a daddy by now. You are going to be so busy this spring I will have to go pick all of yours for you! Besides I know all your secret Minn. morel spots now. All I need is that tree you got #25 in Kansas now.

6. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

Mitch,KB is a good friend of mine and he has told me some stories about you and him..Some doozies!!!!!!! Get a chance drop me a line and perhaps we can all get together.Good Luck and God Bless.

7. dfritz89

dfritz89 Morel Enthusiast

8. missourishroommate

Hi Boone,

Pretty much every hunt is an adventure with me ;) Yes, we do need to hook up fofr a hunt or a beer or both!

Mitch

9. moreltrail

moreltrail Morel Enthusiast

Looks like KC/Lawrence area temps will be getting closer in a few days.

10. boone

boone Morel Connoisseur

That would be great Mitch,looking foward to it.Maybe we can get kb off his rear and go along ;)

11. trippled

trippled Young Morel

three small ones in lawrence today. :p

12. moreltrail

Seems very early for Lawrence. Did you get any photos of today's?

13. trippled

trippled Young Morel

sure did i was suprised too.They are small.I havent figured out how to post on here yet though.

14. dfritz89

dfritz89 Morel Enthusiast

That's awesome man!!!!

15. missourishroommate

Nice early score trippleD! It will be on soon!

I think it is doable Boone! He is itching pretty bad.

Good luck ShroomMates!

Mitch

16. trippled

trippled Young Morel

Thanks...any day now got some rain last night......very little..lol

17. tripod

tripod Morel Enthusiast

Good news Tripple D!! I am excited they are getting closer to KC! It's been a long year waiting for this season!!

18. ronblack

ronblack Young Morel

I’ll be looking around NE Kansas today. I’ll post my inevitable finds later. :-?

19. moreltrail

Still too early. LOL

20. ronblack

ronblack Young Morel

You got that right MorelTrail, dry as dirt out there. A fair amount of moss but that ’s about it. I should have used the :?: emoticon. Cheers!