2015 morel season

Discussion in 'Minnesota' started by shroomster, Apr 12, 2015.

1. shroomster

shroomster Morel Enthusiast

going trout fishing this upcoming weekend, gonna check some spots. At least I'll hopefully catch my limit and dig up a few ramps

2. forager15

forager15 Morel Enthusiast

Report of a baby gray found in the Faribault MN area yesterday with a picture. Starting next Monday if the forecasts stay true Ill be out looking!

3. stilz

stilz Morel Enthusiast

Where did you see that?

4. forager15

Timothy, under the "Mushroom hunting in MN" FB page,

5. crazymushroomguy

crazymushroomguy Morel Enthusiast

Just checked the page, not seeing it..do you have a link?

6. forager15

its under the facebook page "Mushrrom hunting in Minnesota", you will have to be added if you aren't already. Posted by Mike Willis yesterday at 1:53 pm

7. stilz

stilz Morel Enthusiast

I found it. Here is the direct link.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/45466556157/

8. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Yep 20 miles a day. Nothing can stop them now!

9. morchella

morchella Young Morel

I am the admin for the former Mushroom hunting in MN FB page. It is now called Mushrooms and Foraging in MN. Please come and join. It is a closed group, so you have to be a member to see posts and comment. Happy picking!

10. morel mulisha

morel mulisha Morel Enthusiast

I found 3 greys in the southern suburbs last Saturday. 1 about 2 inches, and 2 about 1 inch. Found in the first 15 minutes, then nothing the next 3 hours. Looking like some rain early next week followed by a warm up. Should be good to go from then on out.

11. alan

alan Morel Enthusiast

A friend and I went down to our one early spot that we know of in SE MN for blacks. At first we were not seeing anything and thought the area may have stopped producing, but eventually my friend spotted one and I ended up spotting a few more. Most were under two inches and not worth cutting, so we took a few pics and got out of there. We will likely head back next weekend. Conditions seemed pretty good and- unlike the last three years- so far it looks like a much more average year. Hopefully I get the pics right...

]//i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/CoeHayden/P4251782a.jpg[/img]

]//i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/CoeHayden/P4251781a.jpg[/img]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  12. alan

alan Morel Enthusiast

One more shot...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  13. shroomster

Found a single micro yesterday and a bunch of perfect leeks. Another week we should be in full swing

14. buckthornman

Hey question? Can I eat the tops of these ramps or are they shitty? Or are they like the best salad money can't buy? Bucky

15. shroomster

I like them, there kinda like chives. I'll slice um up in strips and top my eggs with them, and throw them in wile cooking. There good raw and cooked

16. buckthornman

Thx shroomster. Bottom like a garden onion but better:) thx no luck in the middle yet. Mn that is next week :)

17. buckthornman

That matherly fella will be in Winton on the 12th of May. I suggest anyone that wants to brave the buckthorn and enjoy some bugs go hang out with him! Newbies might learn something:)

18. buckthornman

I meant winona Mn. And yes I can admit my predictions early were wrong. Just don't tell my wife I said that!:)

19. winonaforager

winonaforager Young Morel

Where is this Winona foraging session with Matherly you are talking about buckthornman, more info please!!