Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
" shroomtrooper " , I wasn't sure about the third one, as I'd never seen that stage before. Jack helped I.D. them as ( Coprinpsis-Variegata ) AKA, Scaly Inky Cap.

Got into some decent Oysters last night. :p

Stink horn! Do they like chant habitat Old Elm?
Been finding chants since last week. Perfect little buttons. Heading out tomorrow to see if the black trumpets are big enough to harvest yet.

OldElm, kinda looked like a shaggy, habitat looked too woodsy I was thinking. Nice to have Jack around. Been working a lot have not been out, got to get out or I will have to get my legs in shape again. Ha.Next weekend looks promising with the heavy rains coming Tue, dont you think?

This one is growing in my back yard. I cut it once and it's almost completely grown back . This time a little bigger. I've never seen them do like this one is.

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/IMGP0172_zpsvhvs8l7e.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
</a>

<a href="http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/mushroomjack1/media/IMGP0216_zps4qn41ki8.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
</a>

Discussion starter · #47 ·
" Jack " I would say that tree &amp; chicken are being awfully nice to you! I'm going to try your BBQ chicken receipt as soon as I get a nice tender one. We're supposed to get some rain this week.

Broke down today and harvested enough Chants today to make some Shish-Kabob's tonite.

Not finding much in my new home area. Took a trip south and checked some of my old spots down there and its super dry. Maybe a 1/2 pound of chants at the most. Got a little too close to a bear with 2 cubs this morning. Glad I was moving slow.

Discussion starter · #51 ·
shroomtrooper -Buckthornman - Morelrat,
Dang it all,I fell into the river last nite, and among other things,my cell phone drowned. So all my contact info is gone, along with my favorite pole getting busted. And no I didn't have all that stuff backed up on iCloud,ect. My kids already pointed that out. Would ya just shoot me a TXT?
The good news is the Chants are out &amp; doing well.

Hey guys,

My friend and I have been picking the crap out of my favorite chanterelle spot since about June 21st. They did come early and ultra plentiful, too. Most exciting was that only about 1 out of 10 had bugs this year! Also, the great majority of them seemed to be Cantharellus phasmatis, which tend to be more firm.

The rain this summer has been outstanding, so I'm moving on to other locations and letting the hundreds still at the previously mentioned spot do their thing. Gave pounds away to friends, family, and customers I do tree work for, and ate a bunch, too. Dehydrated some as well, even though I know it's not the best way to preserve them.

Anyway, it's been a phenomenal chant season for me, and I hope you guys are doing well, too.

Good luck!

Hey Chelios, OldElm and I hooked up with a friend of his and pounded the chanterelles. Found 4 or so lobster mushrooms also. Today I went on my boat and found some more chants in a wooded bay, It is a good year despite the poor morel season I had. I am trying to ferment some chanterelles, fist time doing so. I hope it works. Good luck the rest of the season. Shout out to OLDELM, thanks again my friend. And to your buddy also.

Everything is up good now in vilas county. No hedgehogs yet but I am sure they are up. The boletes are fairly bug free. The linnicum pictured are a favorite of a friend. There apparently is no common name for these. I am pretty simple I like common names lol.In my book it says they have been known to make people sick. I read a blog that says you have to cook them good or dry them first. Anybody here pick these ?

Yes I have dropbox and opened a photobucket just so i could post up on here but it i too much to keep track of . My phone goes straight to dropbox but the link must be wrong format. anyway the mushrooms are leccinum subglabripes...

Shroomtrooper,

How do you ferment the chanties? I don't have a vacuum sealer, so I don't bother lightly saute and freeze, and not too big a fan of dehydrating. Sadly, had to throw out a small bag this morning as they were in my fridge too long.

Probably going out today to find some freshies in a different spot, also checking the blackberry field.

Have fun.

Oldelm your number still the same? Buzzthorn says pick in is great! Lobsters haven't morphed yet. Nobody around here picks much of summer fungus! Easy pickings:) hope Strooper and the gang are having a good summer! O elm you gotta put your beer down before you get in the boat!! Careful old boy them rivers are a rockin!!!txt Ya later:) bugsthorn out!

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.