Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts
" Buckthornman " ' Good to hear from you, and that yer still top side. ( # stayed the same.) I might be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!! Shroomtrooper ratted out a nice batch of Lobsters for us the other day, and we've been doing well on Chants. Great rain here yesterday, so now the race is against the BUG's. Found some " Indigos & Oysters last nite, bugs beat me to the Indigos. Stay in touch & keep us posted, BEST of luck to you.

]//i.imgur.com/3O88ahT.jpg[/img] //i.imgur.com/TQs5TXk.jpg[/img]//i.imgur.com/TQs5TXk.jpg[/url][/img][/url]

Chelios, first time fermenting. Got the peters pickle air lock for wide mouth mason jars. They had a recipe that cme with it.onions( I used chanterelles). Brine 1.5 soy sauce, 1part water,.5 sugar,.5 vinegar. After I did it I realized true fermenting does not include vinegar, so I dont know what I have. No bubbles coming up after 4 days through airlock. I am swimming in uncharted waters. I will have Old Elm taste them first.

Haha! "Have Old Elm taste them first."

So, I definitely need to try that route for preserving chanterelles. Do you cook them, or just let the vinegar do it's job?

I love pickled mushrooms, so I bet your chanterelles will be delicious.

" Chelios " Man-O - Man, ya take a guy (shroomtrooper ) out teach him a few tricks, show him the favorite secret spots, and what does he do? Hatches a plan to poison Ya!
Ha Ha,
The Chants are really in primo shape right now, and up in profusion. Here's abt anhour & a halfs worth of pickin "Solo" today. I'm gonna try Jack Vodka receipt on these.

]//i.imgur.com/PpiJLA7.jpg[/img] ]//i.imgur.com/BOe6ocX.jpg[/img]

Update on fermented-pickle chants. Well I could not get the top off the first day, tightened the cover too hard when jar was hot. Next day barely got if off. Taste was ok, probably a chef could find some cool uses for it. Hey but not bad, not bad at all. was more of a sweet soy sauce taste. Would like to try a horseradish type pickle taste. One guy at worked loved it and asked for the recipe.recipe did not say how long to let it sit, have 1 more unopened jar I will let sit.

It goes and it buzzes....slip sliding away..summer time! I like fall:) pick in choke cherries, debating if I want to go harvest wild rice this year? Labor day come quick. Haven't picked fungus in a week or so. Hope you guys are having fun Gus! Pick Ya later Bucky!

Hi, new member here. I am hoping that someone can help me out with a positive id on some Corals I found yesterday. Growing from the ground, SE Wisconsin, near downed Oaks, and the pinkish ones were in moss. Can someone explain how to add a pic? Thanks so much.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.