2016 Morel Season Signs

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by stcroix rob, Feb 19, 2016.

1. stcroix rob

stcroix rob Morel Connoisseur

42+ temps today, yeah! Almost no ground frost in our area, so all the moisture should be soakin in really good. Hope the Morel Mycelium are getting a good drink, so they can fruit out profusely! Found a few new spots over the winter, going to be a awesome spring for sure.

2. jean marie

jean marie Morel Connoisseur

Here's wishing you the best morel season ever!!! Safe & happy hunting to you.

3. morelninja

morelninja Morel Enthusiast

I'm guessing first week of May for s wi. I'm in Co now but as soon as they pop in Georgia I'll be hittin the road and following them to Wisconsin and then west.

4. stcroix rob

WOW, temps all the way up to 57 here today! That otta " Ramp" up some action. Maybe an early spring this year. :wink:

5. julielin

julielin Morel Enthusiast

My Dad had the 'touch' for finding morels when I was growing up. It does not seem to have rubbed off but I still try at least once or twice each year to find a few. My few usually ends of being one, or sadder still, the base that the deer left behind. Going to try again this year. There has been lots of moisture this winter, perhaps Dad's touch will rub off, at least a little. Thanks for this site to check into and learn from. Good night.

6. stcroix rob

Here's the huming bird migration link - http://www.hummingbirds.net/map.html

"Buckthornman" we'll, be watching for yr posts on yr "WrenOmeter" for sure, as its accuracy is beyond. Compare!! No time now to run for President, Ha Ha..... "Shroomtropper" should be showing up soon, unless he's in over his head again with work.
    70 here today, WOW!!

7. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Yes Mr.elm I do believe in wrenometer. And another moist warm day here as well. Gonna come early this year how early and how strong I guess will have to wait and see? But nice hearing back. Always a pleasure. No little brown friends yet but you will be the 1st to know!

8. shroomtrooper

shroomtrooper Morel Connoisseur

Wow, kinda got caught flat footed with this warm weather, should be scouting. Its always a fun time in spring to get you hiking stuff together. OldElm, buckthorn, what do you think, pretty good start I would say.

9. freeflow581

freeflow581 Morel Enthusiast

cheers guys. looking forward to a good 2016 season !

10. shroomtrooper

11. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Hey trooper. Hope we don,t do the warm than freeze thing like last year! Nice gradual spring. I still think it will be early. Can't wait....been making syrup and workin. Willows are starting to wake up and silver maples are growing seeds.

12. shroomtrooper

Wild year for syrup I bet.

13. stcroix rob

"Lance " Where are you on Pierce County? There's some mighty fine picken's along the Mississippi. Seems pretty early yet though.

14. mushroom_mentor

mushroom_mentor Morel Connoisseur

Hi everyone! If you're just getting started and need help finding your first morels, check out this super informative video on getting started. This is my passion and hope to help others discover their passion for mushrooms as well!!! Good luck! Here is the link to my video: http://youtu.be/ismIK7GhmP8

15. stcroix rob

" mushroom_mentor " the good news is nobody ever died from eating the wrong tree. On the other hand proper mushroom identification is vitally important. The saying goes " All wild mushrooms are edible, some only ONCE." There are a couple real easy trick's to identifying Elm bark/trees. Unfortunately the kids got me a new lap top, and I'm having one heck of a time trying to post pictures!!

16. crashtattoo

crashtattoo Morel Enthusiast

Hi guys... Welcome to another great season of roaming the woods... Still none here in Pierce County.... But they're close. I can smell it.... LOL :p

17. crashtattoo

I'm on the Trimbelle on county O.... And you're right there is some pretty good pickins round here.... :)

18. crashtattoo

I'm fixin to lose it though.... that's why im so loose with location... :) I'm moving to Florida come the first of June.... Mid season.... :( But hey.... its Florida... :)

19. stcroix rob

Gotta like the night time forecasted temps for the next week...... Gonna happen fast, as there's no leaf canopy blocking out the sun. Sharpen up your knives,& gather up your plastic bags.

]//i.imgur.com/ZBE98Iq.jpg[/url][/img][/url]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  20. crashtattoo

For sure.... Gotta Love that.. :)