Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Found 1 on 4/10/16 next to a paved walkway in Edgewater/Annapolis area. Wasn't even looking for them; surprised given the cold temperatures we've had these past several days.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice job forestgirl. I looked today, but nothing yet.My buddy tried yesterday and only saw two snakes. I have to check some of my other spots.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't had any luck in Central Md yet. Did go out and find some babies in NE Md on Tuesday. I think they might be pickable by the weekend.

Forestgirl, how were your sizes? Blacks, greys, yellows?

MDMorris, I've heard of reports from the Meyersville area

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi new posting here but I have been reading them for a few years . Just want to say thanks to the ones who have posted I have found them helpful. I hope I can return the favor. Was out today in the 21784 area found 8 grays on a warm South facing hill. Seems the next few days and warmer weather should have them popping . Just hope we get some rain to go with the warm. Again thanks and good luck..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ok just got back from my spot in boonsboro md and hardly any may apples above soil n still way too dry...id say temperture is bout right bur no mushrooms at all due to dry conditions.lookin at soil its all brown with no moss...sure sign its too dry

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was out for about 5 hours, checked some cooler spots,and nothing. Checked a warmer spot...2 grays and 3 yellows; all were very small and looked like they needed a drink. From what Wdmorris 126 said and what I saw I think we need the rain more then the heat now. I did see some may-apples and fiddle-heads but the ground vegetation all seems to be behind were it should be and it's not good when you crunch when you walk. No rain in sight. Friday looks like the earliest . Good luck everyone..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Found 60 Grey's Saturday between 3 people looking. They were small we need some rain! The little bit Friday night helped but not enough. Found them on south facing slopes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone in DC Metro/Montgomery County planning to go out this weekend? Rookie here looking to try and find some ramps.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's been quiet here no one posting had me wondering .. Glad to hear of some finds . Between Friday and Sunday found about 50 all small and hard to spot in the Sykesville area .We need some rain and a little cooler temps. Good luck ..... They can hide but they can't run...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can tell you where a big patch is of ramps are. Park at turkey run on GW parkway its the last pull off on the northbound before you get on 495 . walk the trail back towards the parkway, drop down to the small stream immediately on the other side of the stream head back up the step hill on the other side. when you get close to the top not 50 yards off the parkway. Bingo. take a small pick with you they are hard to dig out by hand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Visiting grandbabies in Indian head. On the navy base was up to one eighty in ohio hoping to find a few here but it's looking like you all are having a slow season here. Any tips would be appreciated

1 - 20 of 30 Posts