Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
well its not looking too good for me this year. drove to the honey hole today.very sad!!!! its been under water so bad that nothing is growing {as far as under brush} all the trees are right.even better then around here which is about 60 miles south of my spot. we did find one up on the hill top but it was all dried out. checked the spot here by the house where i found the one last sunday and found 2 more but they were only about 3/4" and dried out. hoping those itty bitty ones we found wensday will make it through these cold temps coming.maybe things will get better. may have to plan a trip to my spot over in oklahoma.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's still early. We're finding Black Morels under wild cherry trees and just one single Yellow Morel. None of the Ash has budded yet. I think the warm weather has cause them to fruit a little early in some locations but the regular season has not started good yet.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
well went n looked at the lil ones we found last wend. they haven't grown much,but found more!!! had to pick 2 that were only about 2 1/2" they were right in the middle of the trail(mountain bike) hope they get bigger this week. i guess we will be looking new spots in the morning good luck yall n God bless!!!!!!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.