Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
NWA/Washington county. This is my first year hunting morels. I grew up with my dad telling stories about them, but I've never gone myself. Or tasted one, dor that matter!

Slogged around in the woods for a few hours and found this tiny guy. Nothing else! Working on learning Ash and Elm trees. Need to find someone to point them out in person!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi everyone! If you're just getting started and need help finding your first morels, check out this super informative video on getting started. This is my passion and hope to help others discover their passion for mushrooms as well!!! Good luck! Here is the link to my video: http://youtu.be/ismIK7GhmP8

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey mushroom mentor...I watched your video, and you and your wife seem nice but...your totally wrong and need to find A mentor of your own! Your tree identification is so wrong, I don't know if your trying to intentionally mislead others...you should really remove your video until you guys get your facts straight

·
Registered
2 Posts
mushroom mentor...I watched the video as well and those are cottonwoods, not elms. Cottonwoods are obviously good for morels. Otherwise, I found the video entertaining and educational for a newbee. Love seeing you take your dog along....I'm still working on training my canine to sniff em out for me!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.