• Did you even have to ask???

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I blame VERN for everything. Always.

Votes: 16 15.1%
2401 - 2420 of 2445 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Most of the Pholiota are not recommended for the table because they cause gastric upsets, and also are pretty hard to distinguish, which is which. For instance some people can eat them with no ill effects and some eat them and become ill, even though it's the same mushroom. Pholiota squarrosa is edible but has an almost identical look-alike that is poisonous. To me it's not worth taking a chance.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Most of the Pholiota are not recommended for the table because they cause gastric upsets, and also are pretty hard to distinguish, which is which. For instance some people can eat them with no ill effects and some eat them and become ill, even though it's the same mushroom. Pholiota squarrosa is edible but has an almost identical look-alike that is poisonous. To me it's not worth taking a chance.
Interesting

G

·
Great news ladies, gentlemen, and gender neutral people.. Only four more months until Morel season starts.. I have a new plan for 2018.. I'm just gonna take the whole month of April off work and go mushroom hunting every day.. Victory will be mine..

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yes Jack, I am loving it. It hasn't sunk in completely yet, but having every day off to hunt deer,mushrooms and fish is great! !! I only had 12 days of vacation for the last 15 years. Now when I on vacation I can go for 3 or 4 weeks at a time instead of 1. I already have 3 shrooming trips planned up your way this spring. Never really hunted for the early black shrooms, but I am this year.

·
Banned
1,742 Posts
looks like we almost have enough retired old dudes to start our own forum...lmao
in the off season we could discuss aching backs, stiff joints, and joints that aren't as stiff as they used to be...hehe

2401 - 2420 of 2445 Posts