Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I blame VERN for everything. Always.

Votes: 16 15.1%
2421 - 2440 of 2445 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Got that!

I have to occasionally remind myself that I have many varieties of dried mushrooms to eat or cook with.

Well . . . then there are also the two medicinal mushroom extracts that I take daily and the one medicinal mushroom powder that I take with every cooked cereal breakfast.

Hmnnn . . . think I'll reconstitute some dried Maitake - Hen of the Woods fronds and try them soon in a recipe. I haven't done that in several years.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Happy new year. So glad to be back on here and seeing everyone! Lookin' frwd to a good year but already concerned with the back and forth of the freezing and thawing over here in PA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to hunting morels. 2017 brought me no luck hunting in Lake county. Oak Ridge Prairie was flooded mid-April. I've got a bicycle and the Erie-Lackawanna trail for starters this season.

G

·
What do we have, 5 more weeks of winter, and about 8 more weeks until the first shrooms start popping in southern Indiana? I know I'm ready to get out of this damn house and back into the woods.. A lot can change in two months, but as of right now, the extended weather forecast is showing perfect conditions for this year's morel season.. I hope they are right.. I need to redeem myself after last year..
Text Font Line Number Screenshot

Text Font Line Number Screenshot

·
Registered
335 Posts
What do we have, 5 more weeks of winter, and about 8 more weeks until the first shrooms start popping in southern Indiana? I know I'm ready to get out of this damn house and back into the woods.. I know a lot can change in two months, but as of right now, the extended weather forecast is showing perfect conditions for this year's morel season.. I hope they are right.. I need to redeem myself after last year..
View attachment 3558
View attachment 3556
Wow,wow,wow already in the 60-70s there here in Minneosta we’re at -15

·
Super Moderator
827 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to hunting morels. 2017 brought me no luck hunting in Lake county. Oak Ridge Prairie was flooded mid-April. I've got a bicycle and the Erie-Lackawanna trail for starters this season.
Welcome aboard the board. ( I got that one from Vern ) There is a guy on this board that is very knowledgeable and lives near you. Noskydaddy will be able to give you accurate timing on fruiting and other info. Also keep an eye out for a guy named Jack. He lives in Northern MI but can answer most any question you have on morels and many other mushrooms.

·
Super Moderator
827 Posts
What do we have, 5 more weeks of winter, and about 8 more weeks until the first shrooms start popping in southern Indiana? I know I'm ready to get out of this damn house and back into the woods.. A lot can change in two months, but as of right now, the extended weather forecast is showing perfect conditions for this year's morel season.. I hope they are right.. I need to redeem myself after last year..
View attachment 3558
View attachment 3556
Amazing forecast for this time of year, Here In chilly Northern IN, Monday and Tuesday 60 and 63 then temps back down.

2421 - 2440 of 2445 Posts