Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Did you even have to ask???

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I blame VERN for everything. Always.

Votes: 16 15.1%
2441 - 2445 of 2445 Posts
G

·
Amazing forecast for this time of year, Here In chilly Northern IN, Monday and Tuesday 60 and 63 then temps back down.
If that forecast holds true, this year's season should start right on time.. I just hope we don't get a warm spell in late March or early April, followed by a hard freeze, like we did last year.. That kills the morels before they even have a chance to pop.. I can't have another season like I did last year.. I've already made my mind up, this year I'll travel to the ends of the earth to find morels if I have to..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw the dot on his map but the report said Jefferson, Indiana. I mapped it just to see how close to OH it was. It's slightly NW of Indianapolis. Was a little shocked to see a find anywhere in Indiana this early. I may be headed to OH sooner than later . . . .
Wonder if that is Jefferson County?
I'm looking for a group of wild mushroom hunters to hunt with. I live in Harrison county Indiana

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Trez found some of the many red russula species.
Yeah I have too . The red ones growing in my mother's backyard had gills. What's odd is the gills are spaced far apart. A read they are edible but not remarkable. I dumped them by my driveway. I'd like to see them grow just to look at them. The green mushroom, I read it was edible but I didn't need it because I had one. I used it to seed the ground on my place too.
I started chanterelles here just by crumbling up chanterelles and drop on the ground under trees.
Marine invertebrates Bioluminescence Jellyfish Fish Circle

Marine invertebrates Bioluminescence Jellyfish Fish Circle

2441 - 2445 of 2445 Posts