1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

2017 reports

Discussion in 'Wisconsin' started by twisted minds, Apr 8, 2017.

1. twisted minds

twisted minds Morel Enthusiast

20170408_121257.jpg Figured should start a new thread for us god's country harvesters. First signs of life, ramps are a couple inches high. Should have first reports of blacks in a few days. Hope the pics work.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Deadhead1971 likes this.

2. twisted minds

Found some blacks, it's starting! 20170419_172709.jpg

3. rookiemistake19

rookiemistake19 Morel Enthusiast

Can I ask what part of the state you're in? Or more importantly, what part of the state would be best for me to travel to for blacks? Im in SE Wi and from what I have heard they don't grow around here.

4. Shroomtrooper 1

Shroomtrooper 1 Morel Connoisseur

Blacks are so photogenicute. Nice. See the black on the ridges, cool

5. buckthornman

buckthornman Morel Connoisseur

Twisted is that your earliest ever? wisconsin doesn't have blks, only mn gotta be tough and not mind the cold haha..mmmm look yummy. Won't come outta the thorn all weekend till I gets me schrooms!! My precious,my precious... anywho those ramps look small I just picked some yesterday that looked a touch bigger. Maybe leaf litter and pic playing tricks on me eyes.bucky

6. buckthornman

Gotta go to work talk to ya all later tonight....heeeheee buckthornman...

7. jean42

jean42 Young Morel

That is a Lacrosse Tribune in the photo, so safe to guess he is on the far West area of the state. And we do have blacks in WI, I find a few in S.Central. Will be out looking this weekend after 1/2 an inch of rain last night, and already picking some asparagus from my garden. Rhubarb is up about 5 inches or so too.

8. buckthornman

Thanks jean no disrespect. If you find one memorize the woods. Its different then greys and blondes. I have found a few growing with its cousins but not usually. Although nothing with mushys is usual. Sporadic nough said. Bucky

9. twisted minds

In La Crosse County, rookie, look around poplar for blacks. Bucky, Can't remeber the year, maybe 2012, found some April 2nd, that was earliest ever, and the ramp picks are from April 9, well large enough to harvest now.

10. twisted minds

They'rrrrrrrrrrre heeeeeerrrrrrrrrrre. 20170421_130950.jpg 20170421_130950.jpg 20170421_155640.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  11. Shroomtrooper 1

nice. did you actually find the antler where the morels where too?

12. buckthornman

Troop love the old pic.and congrats twisted. Off to the thorn early in the morn dodaa odalolly golly what a day! Buckthornman

13. twisted minds

Shroomtrooper, yes found the antler shed about 20 yards before I found the morels. Put them together for the picture, would've been cool to find the shed right on top of the morels. Still alot of ground to cover, hopefully can find some more sheds.

14. Shroomtrooper 1

Lucky the mice did not get to them. Funny I have found more deer fawns than sheds.

15. twisted minds

Found some more, figured better pick before this bad weather hits. Next week starting Tuesday should hopefully start the flush. These were starting to dry out and rust already. 20170424_151153.jpg

1 person likes this.
  16. Bigbuckhunter

Bigbuckhunter Young Morel

Ramps are up in my woods, probably 4" high or higher. I will look after work tomorrow.

17. buckthornman

I'm really jelous right now of y'all. nice mushys. Bucky

18. Shroomtrooper 1

You will get yours bucky.