1. Hello! We recently made a change in the software, as a result you might need to change your password. Lost Password Recovery
    Dismiss Notice

Featured 2017 Season!

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by hensleyffej, Feb 27, 2017.

1. hensleyffej

hensleyffej Morel Enthusiast

Morels - pre season, season, and thoughts. If you have morels for sale contact me!

2. redfred

redfred Morel Enthusiast

The warm weather has me looking forward to what this year will bring . Will it be early? What I think we need like always is rain.. Good luck to all and let's see what we find.

3. hensleyffej

If anyone is interested in buying or selling morels please let me know. Here is a great club I joined last year that participates in local forays. In April we will be going on a morel hunt. http://mawdc.org/

4. jayhash

jayhash Young Morel

Can someone help me to find morels? I live in PG county. I can give you ride to the park or tell me where I can hunt them? I don't know where they grow in Maryland. Thanks in advance

5. midmented

midmented Young Morel

jayhash - PG County. I'm in Washington County. Sorry, but it's pretty much fact that a seasoned morel hunter will not take you on a morel hunt in any woods they hunt. I've hunted for 30+ years and still don't know everything there is to know (and never will). The only advice I can give is to do your research and then look for a morel hunting spot.

I've a few "lessons" that I've tried, learned, and found over time, about what to look for in this area.
    You can read some of them on my blog: Visit DW's Blog
    I wrote a little something back in 2012 on Tulip Poplars and black morel patches.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2017
  6. patapsco mike

patapsco mike Young Morel

jayhash- morels are literally everywhere in MD. From the Eastern Shore to Garrett County. Don't go chasing leads far away, that's way too time consuming. Read up on it, learn some of the key tree species, find some public woods near you, and put the time in from mid-April to mid-May. If you spend enough time in the woods looking you will find at least a few. And year, as stated above mawdc.org is a great group of people who know a ton about all sorts of mushrooms. I wish I lived closer so I could attend their meetings.

7. irishmusic

irishmusic Young Morel

jay hash - check the old forum boards. A lot of hints and good information there. Here is an old article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/2006/09/08/unearthing-the-mystery-of-mushrooms/a0130c16-4fa5-49fb-9840-931d66145b02/?utm_term=.e514d57b4df8. do some online research.

somanewg likes this.
  8. Kbshroom

Kbshroom Morel Enthusiast

Can't wait for the season to get going. Checked a couple of my early season spots. Nothing yet here in Frederick county. Hopefully some warm weather will get them popping! Good luck to all

9. hensleyffej

I'll be in Western Maryland this weekend and next. Let me know if you are in the area.

Brian Sims likes this.
  10. jack

jack Administrator Staff Member

Keep checking the Classifieds, there will be many people selling there.

11. Kbshroom

Found a few black ones this evening after work. Public spot that gets hit pretty hard so definitely encouraging. Hopefully I can get out this Sunday if not I definitely plan on hitting it hard next weekend.

12. biffbad

biffbad Young Morel

FOUND 20 BLACKS IN HAGERSTOWN 4/6/17

13. Kbshroom

Nice sounds like a good outing

14. Brian Sims

Brian Sims Morel Enthusiast

I am in College Park and working in Silver Springs till April 23. I will travel for the opportunity to hunt for Morels in Maryland.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP. I CAN HELP YOU IF YOU EVER COME TO OHIO.

BrianSims71@yahoo.com

15. Brian Sims

I will travel this weekend and next and during the week after work to look for mushrooms. Someone please take me hunting in Maryland.

brianSims71@yahoo.com

16. Sococola

Sococola Young Morel

Found around 80- 90 in Brandywine over the last 3 days

1 person likes this.
  17. Sococola

Sococola Young Morel

47 this trip

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  18. hensleyffej

I went out with a friend and my wife... both found a lot more than I did. About 30 all together in close to Martin's Mountain. I'm going to check out Central MD tomorrow. I'll try to post if I find anything. Sims- what part of OHIO are you familiar with? I might be able to help you out in MD.

19. Brian Sims

I live in NW Ohio, Toledo. I have a few honey holes there. my number is 419-215-4045. I am available every night this week I am in town till the 23rd.

20. Kbshroom

Nice sounds like your doing good.