Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

261 - 280 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
13AV (13 days after @vern)

I'm on the board ladies and gents. Found a prime Elm, low land, south facing. There were others but I backed out. Now to wait a few days for other morels to appear, then fill up the ole dinner plate. Let's put the hurt on our morels finds and share them pictures with our southern friends and hopefully we can turn them envious, like they've been do to us for the past 6+ weeks, but all in good fun. Damn its been a long freaking wait!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,742 Posts

I'm on the board ladies and gents. Found a prime Elm, low land, south facing. There were others but I backed out. Now to wait a few days for other morels to appear, then fill up the ole dinner plate. Let's put the hurt on our morels finds and share them pictures with our southern friends and hopefully we can turn them envious, like they've been do to us for the past 6+ weeks, but all in good fun. Damn its been a long freaking wait!
Cradle Robber..:eek:
ALERT: just got the updated weather report...Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan, will only be getting just enough rain to piss everybody off...end of report..:confused:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #264

Yup, gotta let em grow a bit!

·
Registered
160 Posts
No morels yet, but picked a bunch of fiddleheads over lunch hour in woods behind house I'm working on. I'm betting on Saturday when my son and I get out to woods, we will have morels.
20180509_114554.jpg

·
Registered
515 Posts
The Old timers like "Shroomtrooper " usually don't post their pictures until 10to14 days after they actually scored on the morels. I always know when they're into solid pickin's cause they won't be posting anything on the board. Sly old dudes they are!!
Ha, thats nothing, the northern MN boys are super ninjas, they don't give up nothing

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had 1 inch of rain in the Milwaukee area today. Went to check the greys that started to pop on Sunday and there was very little growth. I think the inch of rain will help accelerate the growth. Still think the season will peak in about 7-10 days in my area. More rain and 50 degree temps in store for Friday-Saturday. Happy hunting all.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Went to pick up my trees at the Conservation Building to plant this year. I was told the reason they don't offer American Elm is because "there's not a person in the world who's interested in elm" I chuckled and told the guy, "I know dozens of folks who even love dying elm. " The Conservationist looked at me like I was crazy. I guess so!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rain is in the forecast for southeastern Wisconsin for the weekend. I'm heading out today for an early morning forage. I worked up a good sweat yesterday planting trees in hot(79F) and humid conditions. Now it's time to shed some sweat for Morels. On the way out, I'll listen to my favorite rock and roll group this time of year, Blood, Sweat and Tears.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Rain is in the forecast for southeastern Wisconsin for the weekend. I'm heading out today for an early morning forage. I worked up a good sweat yesterday planting trees in hot(79F) and humid conditions. Now it's time to shed some sweat for Morels. On the way out, I'll listen to my favorite rock and roll group this time of year, Blood, Sweat and Tears.
good luck heading out soon also, got to pack a lunch and finalizing my plan for the day

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you think green Bay Area will be good we are planning on heading up on Sunday for the week with our kids any info would be great we've never hunted in Wisconsin but always have heard it's a blast
green bay has been cold and slow. haven't found any here yet....I will get some time today...I'm sure there are a few...nothing worth harvesting yet

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Old timers like "Shroomtrooper " usually don't post their pictures until 10to14 days after they actually scored on the morels. I always know when they're into solid pickin's cause they won't be posting anything on the board. Sly old dudes they are!!
Noticed that last year, caused me to go late.

·
Registered
149 Posts

:eek:o_O

261 - 280 of 610 Posts