Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

481 - 500 of 610 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was in and out in 2 hours. Gathered these up on a Morel "run". I define a "run" as a long stretch such as beside a fence line a couple hundred yards, along which there are dead elm. Or a "run" such as when you're on posted land and the owner sees you.
001.JPG

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #484

·
Registered
25 Posts
Was able to get out tonight for a couple of hours near Milwaukee. Found some nice yellows but they were well hidden and hard to spot with the heavy ground cover. Took one pic to show how some are not out in the open. Takes a well trained eye to spot some in heavy ground cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was in and out in 2 hours. Gathered these up on a Morel "run". I define a "run" as a long stretch such as beside a fence line a couple hundred yards, along which there are dead elm. Or a "run" such as when you're on posted land and the owner sees you. View attachment 7867
no wonder your called gold diggers, nice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have morels for sale, top quality. Have over 30 lb. just picked. Should of been more but some A hole took over 500 mushrooms under 1 dead elm. Hope you come back next year. Will have cameras and bear traps set up. Went to my next spot 4 miles down the road and same thing happened. Very upset. Stay off private land! 414-406-4135

·
Registered
230 Posts
Was able to get out tonight for a couple of hours near Milwaukee. Found some nice yellows but they were well hidden and hard to spot with the heavy ground cover. Took one pic to show how some are not out in the open. Takes a well trained eye to spot some in heavy ground cover.
Areas of the woods are obscured with an understory of wild geranium and may apple. It's getting difficult to find the Morels.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Have morels for sale, top quality. Have over 30 lb. just picked. Should of been more but some A hole took over 500 mushrooms under 1 dead elm. Hope you come back next year. Will have cameras and bear traps set up. Went to my next spot 4 miles down the road and same thing happened. Very upset. Stay off private land! 414-406-4135
I understand this depends on size, but generally, how many Morels in a pound and how much $ per pound?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone , I’m from Indiana where mushrooms are pretty scarce..... we thought we’d have some fun and come north this year to Michigan! When is s good time to come !?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We are planning on heading to Wisconsin in the morning from Indiana. Any suggestions for some large state parks or recreation areas that we are likely to find virgin ground?

481 - 500 of 610 Posts