2018 Indiana Morel Update

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by noskydaddy, Feb 15, 2018.

Will 2018 be as good as 2017 for MORELS?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2018.
  1. YES, Absolutely!

91 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. NO, I'm worried as always

44 vote(s)
    27.8%
  3. MAYBE, it depends if @Vern will pull our averages down (again)

23 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

and a few more 20180504_154023.jpg 20180421_171843.jpg 20180419_230513.jpg

2. gbmillerman

gbmillerman Morel Connoisseur

Go through my posts, you can see who it is, he was defended on here and I was basically called a bad guy. Like I said, I have reported this person and one other and nothing has been done.

3. gbmillerman

If you are referring to me, I have been a member of this site for the last ten years, I had to get new username for calling out other people. The truth hurts sometime, you got fooled and we’re good friends with a sick disgusting man. Don’t try to blame other people for your stupidity.

4. eternalsunking

eternalsunking Morel Connoisseur

Happy Holidays to everyone!

Who will be the first person to create a 2019 forum and begin hosting Morel Addicts Annonymous meeting for everyone experiencing withdrawal symptoms!

5. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

Intriguing picture and time stamp, Jeff.
    Tell us more, please.

1 person likes this.
  6. T tom

T tom Morel Connoisseur

With the weather we've been having, I've got to believe it. The Carolinas have micro climates that produce in the fall.

Man of the Woods likes this.
  7. gbmillerman

Landscape morels, have a buddy in California that found some in February last year in a McDonald’s parking lot

8. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hope all had safe and enjoyable Holidays.

2 people like this.
  9. morelsxs

morelsxs Morel Connoisseur

Hello all. Man how I've missed everyone! I read more than I comment but just love the this thread. Morel season right around the corner. :D Life got so crazy busy with no time for anything. Vowing to change that this year. Haven't been on since May/June - went back and read all the threads. Glad to see most everyone doing well and in good spirits! Wishing each of you a happy new year and abundant blessings! Makin' Jack's crawfish pie recipe this weekend. Can't wait.

6 people like this.
  10. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

20181215_113832.jpg @morelsxs ... Wade here..
    So very good to Read your Positive and Smileing Post..
    Thank You..
    and to Others, I say again isn't
    morelsxs's post and Mannerism of checking in..Easily Enjoyable ..
    please reflect on this as One Excellent Example of how Each of us Can Just this Easily Encourage One Another here on Our Loved Morels.com
    The Good times are So So So...Good
    Sharing the Love of the Hunt together on Here....
    Thank You so much to all the Good Folks here.. We are Brothers Sisters Friends Charishing our time together,
    As a Special Loving Fun Family Time..
    Lets all remember each time we begin to Compose a POST on Here, to make Our Posts Enriching, Encouraging Everyone.

Hello Planet Earth;
    if you lack the Ability to Compose Your Postings Accordingly
    then keep your living Hell, inside of your own Head..and Please just Go Away
    So that We Here May Enjoy Our Time and Love of the Hunt Together
    Thank You.. from.. Wade
    20181118_105929.jpg

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  11. guff76

guff76 Morel Connoisseur

Hello everyone how it be? Can tell some are getting that itch for some magical shrooms!! Lol I for one don't really get on the site till closer to spring time for that reason but after hunting season that's what my mind starts to wander to is the freshly green woods n the hopes of that spongie looking thing poking up through the dirt lol
    Wade my guy I do believe you are a poet!!
    But anywho hope all is well with everyone

12. jashroomer

jashroomer Morel Connoisseur

Yes, feeling the itch, especially looking at some of the pics from last season. I was 0 - for the season deer hunting, but did get to spend a lot of time in the woods. As everyone nervously awaits the next snow, I am getting excited with the bitter cold temps, 3 or 4 inches of solid ice and it will be time to fish.
    I agree, Wade you are a poet, but I can't figure out how or when you choose to use capital letters, a unique style.

13. indy_nebo

indy_nebo Morel Connoisseur

Well, its March people, there MUST be a thousand folks around the state holding their breath...
    TWO years in a row of sub par shroom weather have left me particularly rapacious. With record lows this week I for one am as anxious as ever.

I did manage to catch my first largemouth of the year on Feb 27th, and I have taken two or three walks into some new potential spots. [​IMG]

Novacaine for the soul- before I sputter out...

The time nears, for Hades to release his timely hold over Persephone and return her to her mother so that mankind may again renew his immortal bond to Gaia, Mother to all.

4 people like this.
  14. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Those are dandies, good to see em. THX’z for posting.

15. Old Elm

Great picture, THX’z for posting.

16. Old Elm

Really nice, way to go.

17. Old Elm

Nice bon fire - hope you all have good picking. Post some more pictures, THX’z

18. Chet huston

Chet huston Morel Enthusiast

Found about 250 nice morel over the weekend.best ever.