2018 Kentucky Morels Thread

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by nutsak, Feb 27, 2018.

1. deleted

deleted Guest

Well its been six hours sense the last post..i hope that means everybody is in the woods. its been a steady drizzle rain for hours now, hope that gives my season a little bit of help here in the Louisville area. good luck if you are out there..;)

2. dr_ more l_ mushrooms

dr_ more l_ mushrooms Morel Enthusiast

Fear the reaper... found these early this morning close together in an old orchard/nursery area poking up through the wet flattened leaves and fresher than they appear in photo. My other regular areas checked today in Jefferson County remain devoid of morels.
    20180505_191621.jpg

2 people like this.

3. SSgt.CWhite

SSgt.CWhite Morel Connoisseur

One last shot... Wishing all my fellow "die-hards" out there all the best! I have truly enjoyed this forum this year. I feel like I've made some new friends on here and look to keep it going. Thank you all that contributed this year and a special thanks to Vern, Rick and everyone else that set this baby up! Thanks gang

4. deleted

deleted Guest

SSgt...your a hell of a guy and a huge credit to this board and it has been a pleasure getting to know you sir.
    Next year i might even show up where you live and have a cold one with you.
    Where abouts did you say you lived pal ??
    Im heading out right now to see if anything is left for me..lol. Im near Louisville and found those 15 yellow beauties a couple of days ago..gotta know if it was a fluke or not..wish me some luck boss..
    If you get board, come and hang out on the Indiana board with me and the guys, a great and fun bunch.....Vern ;)

Mark67 and SSgt.CWhite like this.
  5. Casey co.

Casey co. Young Morel

SSgt.CWhite and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Casey co.

Casey co. Young Morel

Does anyone around eastern ky casey couny specifically but any body close think the yellows that grow in fields really commonly around rivers that like to fllod there neighboring fields

7. Casey co.

Casey co. Young Morel

Do u think they are still up? I never have time ive hunted since i was old enough to walk literly but i cant get the time to guess hit n miss with my schedule i try n they crazy weather makes it hard to know when to look i have went as far as looking in the dark with lights after work

8. rick

rick Morel Connoisseur

Good luck today! I appreciate the special thanks but Vern has been the true cheerleader for this board. I just hope I don’t ever see him sporting a cheerleading skirt! I also appreciate everyone’s contributions. The sharing of the hunts not only offers encouragement for most of us but also helps to educate the newbies and also teach a few of us old dogs a few new tricks. I may try 1 last hunt tomorrow.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  9. SSgt.CWhite

SSgt.CWhite Morel Connoisseur

I'm between Paducah and Mayfiled in Graves Co. I'll have a few iced down for ya!

1 person likes this.
  10. Mitsy

Mitsy Morel Enthusiast

FFB115A9-11F1-4C83-A270-F18CDA8247BC.jpeg Me and my husband went out today and found 145. I think we have one more week until it’s over.

11. deleted

deleted Guest

where abouts Misty if you dont mind me asking..

12. deleted

deleted Guest

Well another day gone by still skunk free..lol.
    Found these twelve of which about half are on life support and left another six that died of Cardiac arrest..:p
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Well Vern, ya still got time. Hop on in the O'le car & come on up to Wisconie, we're just about to start the best season ever.

1 person likes this.
  14. deleted

deleted Guest

Dawg, you dont know how much i would love that but...thats a hell of a ride from Louisville..lol.
    You gonna put me on a hot spot PAL..:D
    How far north of Chicago we talkin about bubba ? are they OK with rednecks up that way..lol

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    1 person likes this.
  15. dr_ more l_ mushrooms

dr_ more l_ mushrooms Morel Enthusiast

Went back to check one of my spots in Louisville area today. Minimal success finding a few yellows, but only one that wasn't getting too soft and stinky.

2 people like this.
  16. myfinds712

myfinds712 Morel Enthusiast

Went out today for a couple hours and found eight, about half are on their last legs but I'm going to eat them. I'm now up to 23, woo hoo! Not as many as I'd like but thankful to have found any this year.

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  17. deleted

deleted Guest

THAT'S A RAP...VERNO HAS LEFT THE BUILDING...
    picked up these remaining few after a very long hunt.
    I'm taking a few days rest before i decide if i have enough gas left in the tank for a trip north or not.
    Its been a tough season for me and many others in the southern half and for my good friends in Ky.
    I probably finished at about 60% of what i expected to do this year. Hay..its only ten more months and then i can do it all over just like i have for many,many years.....peace out VERN
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Ajhosmer

Ajhosmer Morel Enthusiast

Out looking for morels. Found this. What is it?

19. Ajhosmer

Out looking for morels. Found this. What is it?

20. Ajhosmer

Well I can't post pics