2018 Kentucky Morels Thread

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by nutsak, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Pongo805

Pongo805 Morel Enthusiast

Ian my last find was on May 3 I believe found 4 but they where to far gone to pick. Been out of town since just got back but I’m thinking I’ll give it one more shot Friday the 11th

ian and (deleted member) like this.
  2. ian

ian Morel Connoisseur

with all the shade from the trees now you might have some luck I hope you do. I would check along cold water running off the hill. the dirt just may still be cool enough right on the edge of those natural drainage channels.

1 person likes this.

3. deleted

deleted Guest

And somewhere off in the distance...i think that i hear a fat lady singing..lol..:(

T tom, Pongo805 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Pongo805

Ia

ian and (deleted member) like this.
  5. edomylime

edomylime Young Morel

Hi everyone I just joined this forum to learn more about hunting for morels and mushrooms in central Kentucky. I am a complete beginner but hope I can learn and share any findings.

Kind Regards,
    Emily

Terry c and Pongo805 like this.
  6. Pongo805

Welcome Emily glad your here the more they merrier. Lots of great info on this board and great people I’m fairly new to the board myself and I’ve learned a lot so enjoy

7. T tom

T tom Morel Connoisseur

LMAO, That's just a fat girl trying to hook up with you olbuddy, don't you know a mating call when you hear one !

1 person likes this.
  8. deleted

deleted Guest

Beggars cant be choosers...:confused::confused:

T tom likes this.
  9. rick

rick Morel Connoisseur

Emily, check back with us on the Kentucky board around the 1st week or two of March and we’ll by glad to help you all we can. I also hunt central KY in the Hart/Edmonson county/Mammoth Cave National Park area.

1 person likes this.
  10. nutsak

nutsak Morel Connoisseur Sponsor

Thank you everybody who participated in our sarcastic Kentucky mushroom forum this year!

This is the first time Kentucky actually had an active year here on Morels.com

I hope you all come back here next year and keep sharing info/data with everybody.

It was super helpful for some people who were about to throw in the towel early and ended up finding morels super late in the season.

Please come back and hopefully the Kentucky forum will grow as large as some of the others I see on here.

Everybody have a great Summer !

1 person likes this.
  11. ian

ian Morel Connoisseur

shes singing. and iv always wanted to try buck creek. I feel like you would have to get far away from the road acsess places. to get to places that a bunch of others haven't already beet ya there.

1 person likes this.
  12. Mitsy

Mitsy Morel Enthusiast

Floyd County

1 person likes this.
  13. deleted

deleted Guest

you did well grasshopper..lol.
    sounds like you are set pretty good for next season..wish you guys well. i sure hope things get back to normal next year...see ya then..;)

14. NorthMoRedneck

NorthMoRedneck Young Morel

First time poster, long time morel enthusiast, over 40 years. I was visiting a friend in the Lexington area the last week of April. We found ones and twos around dead ash, but nothing like I'm used to finding in MO, KS and Southern IA, but then we didn't find many good elms either. The ones we did, they just weren't there. What I found around here were late on the north banks. Cold snap got our southern slopes and I'm thinking it may have gotten yours too. Anyway, my buddy says they don't grow in numbers in western Kentucky. I'd like your boards opinion. I wouldn't mind giving western Kentucky another shot. Thanks.

1 person likes this.
  15. deleted

deleted Guest

My man, its WAY past done for Ky. the closest Morel to you would be Mich, or Minn.
    Be back here next year and we can begin again....Later, Vern

In fact, im heading to Mich. in the morning to hunt for a few days..lol

NorthMoRedneck likes this.
  16. NorthMoRedneck

NorthMoRedneck Young Morel

It's way too late up here as well, and too dry Vern. I meant next year. Thanks for the response, talk to you next spring.

1 person likes this.
  17. Russell7

Russell7 Young Morel

Has anyone hunted in Nelson county Kentucky? We purchased some property and I am excited to hunt and look around. I haven’t had any opportunity to do this since I was a kid.

18. Chad Herig

Chad Herig Morel Enthusiast

Boy I'm already getting that itch to hunt... Let's hope 2019 is a better year for Morels.. didn't find any last year, hoping this is my break out year. March/April can't get here soon enough!!

morelseeeker likes this.
  19. Chad Herig

Chad Herig Morel Enthusiast

Are we creating a 2019 Kentucky thread?

Russell7 likes this.
  20. Russell7

Russell7 Young Morel

I’m new here and really want to be part of a Kentucky thread!!