2018 Morel Season

Discussion in 'Maryland' started by Kbshroom, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Kbshroom

Kbshroom Morel Enthusiast

Has anyone been out yet? Hoping to hit an early spot this weekend and see if there are any black ones popping up yet. Good luck to all this year!

2. Valori Dunlap

Valori Dunlap Young Morel

Taking peeks but I’m hoping there’s a warm up after this wet weather this weekend to spur something

3. Kbshroom

Yeah I agree. Looks to me like maybe the end of next week should be warming up. Hopefully it stays warm I'm ready for spring and hopefully a good season. Good luck to you!

4. LINDA HANSEN

LINDA HANSEN Morel Enthusiast

I used to live in Bethesda and am now in CA Sierra NV mountains...just wondering where you are hunting in Maryland? Eastern Shore or perhaps out near the Blue Ridge???

5. Kbshroom

I'm actually in Frederick County

6. localplumber

localplumber Morel Enthusiast

Seen a post on Face book starting to finds some Blacks up in Cumberland. getting close in Washington Co

Valori Dunlap likes this.
  7. Kbshroom

I stopped and checked a spot on my way home from work. Found this one. First one of the year for me. Hopefully with the warmer weather and a some rain it will be good here soon.

Attached Files:

8. gerbilrancher

gerbilrancher Young Morel

I am also in Frederick county! Would C&O canal area be a good place to start?

9. Kbshroom

I have personally never looked there but I know there are people who find them along the canal. May be worth checking it out.

10. Smittyshroom

Smittyshroom Young Morel

Still seems a bit early for my location. One "false spotting" from 10 feet today did get my heart rate going though.

Attached Files:

Valori Dunlap likes this.
  11. Valori Dunlap

Valori Dunlap Young Morel

Oh wow! Figures, I’m out of town this weekend. Get home Sunday and I’m hitting the woods that afternoon

12. Kbshroom

Yeah that would've fooled me as well. Definitely gets the blood flowing if nothing else

13. Kbshroom

Best of luck to you!

14. gerbilrancher

gerbilrancher Young Morel

Checked Catoctin today and no luck. Did find some interesting flowers though, so worth it!

15. Rodney Lehman

Rodney Lehman Morel Enthusiast

I found three yesterday 10 miles north of cumberland Maryland. I didn't pick because too small

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  16. Rodney Lehman

17. Rodney Lehman

18. Jed Hesher

Jed Hesher Young Morel

I have been out 3 days in the last week in Baltimore County but no luck yet.

19. Rodney Lehman

Id guess by this Sunday you'll find your first. Spring is slow to come this year