Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

61 - 80 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Finally..... Something for the skillet! We were all starting to wonder, willyfindem?

Found today, bank of a wet weather drain running into a small creek. Near the base of a dying tree. Persimmon very near as well. In hindsight of all the places I've looked it's gotten the most sun so far. (
IMG_0255.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG
thicker small drain running out into a field)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Finally..... Something for the skillet! We were all starting to wonder, willyfindem?

Found today, bank of a wet weather drain running into a small creek. Near the base of a dying tree. Persimmon very near as well. In hindsight of all the places I've looked it's gotten the most sun so far. ( View attachment 4323 View attachment 4322 thicker small drain running out into a field)
Great find congrats!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't have enough picture wise to go on but here's the dying tree which I couldn't ID. The top is from it. Storm damaged tree I guess. It was trying to push out suckers. The yellow was somewhere else on a creek bank but didn't seem to be associated with any tree.(none close)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
The pheasants back were excellent also, I started them earlier and allowed a little more cooking time for them, but WOW!! The combination of everything paired perfectly. I am still figuring out recipes for different mushrooms, please share any recipes and ideas! I have some oysters and more pheasants to go collect aling with more morel hunting!

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
That’s awesome. About what size were they? Found some on Saturday but they were about 5-6 inches atleast in diameter. Haven’t tried them yet thinking they might be too big to fry.
The 2 larger ones are probably going to be to tough but the one in the middle may be ok.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That’s awesome. About what size were they? Found some on Saturday but they were about 5-6 inches atleast in diameter. Haven’t tried them yet thinking they might be too big to fry.
I will post the pics later, they were in a wet shady area on a log, some of all sizes and others growing, had some 4 inch to 8 inch and one larger.. I will say this they get tougher in the fridge so cook them or use them for a stock

·
Registered
2 Posts

Found today, bank of a wet weather drain running into a small creek. Near the base of a dying tree. Persimmon very near as well. In hindsight of all the places I've looked it's gotten the most sun so far. ( View attachment 4323 View attachment 4322 thicker small drain running out into a field)
What county ?

61 - 80 of 128 Posts