Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice Doodle! I’d love to find that many at once. What kind of area?

I’m in Dekalb county Knobbs
I always hunt hilltops that are abundant wish Ash trees. Ash trees in my opinion are the most productive morel producers here in my neck of the woods but that can vary dependant on location and what type of trees that are most abundant in your area. I find morels in the month of May when most people have given up. Search hilltops first and then down in the hollers at the end of the season.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Small haul in about a half an hour, the bad thing is I scouted and area earlier for 4 hours and nothing...7 miles of fresh air and exercise. About 10 lbs of pheasants backs, donated to a happy family.:) KIMG0894.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey TFTN, yeah I’m real close to you. Haven’t hunted out on coconut ridge for morels but I’m out that way working quite often. Lots of rattlers out there. Have you found any morels in our county in the past? I’m sure they can be found on the hillsides but I haven’t had any luck that way yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey TFTN, yeah I’m real close to you. Haven’t hunted out on coconut ridge for morels but I’m out that way working quite often. Lots of rattlers out there. Have you found any morels in our county in the past? I’m sure they can be found on the hillsides but I haven’t had any luck that way yet.
I just moved here last July. I've found exactly one morel this year up here and my friend found two others. That was last Sat. We hunt all over. I have a boat so we go to the likely places around the lake.
You're absolutely right about the Rattlers. In all my years as an avid outdoorsman and fly fishing guide I've only had a few encounters in TN with venomous snakes. Then I moved here and they are everywhere. Copperheads mostly but I did see 5 rattlers last summer. One was a monster. I'm just about to get my brave back in the woods as I haven't seen a venomous one yet this year... It's early though. I don't think I would feel comfortable in these woods in the summer months. And I actually like all snakes and have never really been afraid. This place,, not so much. I'll be out tomorrow in the snow if the weatherman is right. LOL. Be happy to do some hunting with you if you're ever up here.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have lived and hunted in Tennessee my whole life and I can tell ya Morels are plentiful here!
Im heading home to indiana gonna be spending the night at tan bark ? Campground i guess. Would really like to find some morels any suggestions on state land near there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Real excited to start picking in TN soon...I make a trip to western TN every year to pick for an older family member who loves them but can't get out anymore. Are the Bradford pears blooming yet? How about dandelions? Redbuds budding? I can't wait to see spring again!
I just moved to South Carolina and we don't get Morels here:-( I'm from Michigan and picked them my whole life. Just wondering if North Carolina get them if not I'll have to make a trip to Tennessee if so it will be at kings port Tennessee do you know anywhere around Kingsport to go hunting

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just moved to South Carolina and we don't get Morels here:-( I'm from Michigan and picked them my whole life. Just wondering if North Carolina get them if not I'll have to make a trip to Tennessee if so it will be at kings port Tennessee do you know anywhere around Kingsport to go hunting

81 - 100 of 128 Posts