2018 Tennessee finds

Discussion in 'Tennessee' started by sustainable forager, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Shmacky

Shmacky Young Morel

Gotta ditch that plastic bag!

John1965 and Already Gone like this.

2. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Morel Enthusiast

Little Knobbs and John1965 like this.
  3. bullwinkle

bullwinkle Morel Enthusiast

Doodle, I also live in north Sumner County close to the TN/KY line. It's weird, I'm finding small dried up yellows where blacks are normally found. At 2 places, in the past, I find quite a few blacks, but, this year I've found nothing. One of the places could have been other shroomers, but not the other. I hope in the coming week (after these snow flurries) I'll do some serious yellow hunting.

John1965 likes this.
  4. Shawn8690

Shawn8690 Young Morel

found this today... I have a feeling its edible... help identifying please

Attached Files:

John1965 likes this.
  5. John1965

John1965 Morel Enthusiast

Those are Pheasants Backs also known as Dryad's Saddle.. yes they are edible..those look a bit old though and buggy..they will smell like watermelon rinds/ cucumber a bit. If your knife doesn't cut through easily it will be tough when cooked. Some dry and grind for a mushrooms powder for soups and gravy etc.

1 person likes this.
  6. eastenn

eastenn Young Morel

Found 18 in upper NE TN on Sunday 4/22. 1500'

John1965 likes this.
  7. Freddiebeartn

Freddiebeartn Morel Enthusiast

Hello all, I'm on the Plateau in Tennessee. We just now finding a few Yellow Morels. Haven't found one on the tops but did find some Grey's earlier in the bottoms. We hoping that this next week is good for weather to help them. Its this time of the year that we find the yellows. Good luck everyone.

John1965 and (deleted member) like this.