2019!! Arkansas

Discussion in 'Arkansas' started by glassman, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Jbarr

Jbarr Morel Enthusiast

I have Little Rush Creek that goes through our property and I have to cross 5 low water crossing to get home. Right past our property is Rush Creek, which floods during rains. The road going to my house was once used as the only access to the town of Rush on the Buffalo River from Yellville. The White River is maybe 15 minutes from me too.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rodney williams

Rodney williams Young Morel

Sawyers gear and clothing spray with permetherin,,follow directions is another that keeps ticks gone,I've seen them take a few steps n curl up n die or jump off

Jbarr likes this.

3. sunam

sunam Young Morel

50 yesterday. Hoping for more today. NWA

4. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Connoisseur

I think I've talked myself out of heading south. I really enjoy spring time up here and I missed it last year when I went to Arkansas and TN for a few weeks and then got really sick with pneumonia. I sure would like to walk around your property with you again. It is so beautiful and peaceful.

5. ConHawg

ConHawg Morel Enthusiast

I did send in my dues. But I have been checking all of my spots every weekend so I'll miss the foray, lol. Found around 15 big yellows near Hector in Pope County. This morning saw 11 nice ones in Searcy County. They looked like they could grow a bit more so I will go back Friday for harvest. Betcha there are a few more that I did not see. It was raining and I was cold. :)

Jbarr likes this.
  6. arkanshrooms

arkanshrooms Morel Connoisseur

Yes, that's me. Nice long season this year. Finding a lot in Cedars this year, almost none in Sycamores. The rain and cool temps are keeping the season going.

7. Doreen1827

Doreen1827 Young Morel

Hello every I live in Jonesboro, any luck around NEA? Thanks!

8. Jbarr

Jbarr Morel Enthusiast

5FC19A55-6012-462A-9259-7B66B2E2056E.jpeg Well now that the season is over. Is anyone finding any chicken of the woods or black trumpets? I have been finding shaggy manes in the cow pastures. Pretty tasty fried. Also finding pluteus cervintus (aka fawn/deer mushroom).

1 person likes this.
  9. celticcurl

celticcurl Morel Connoisseur

Wow

You're already picking other species. I picked my first 8 blacks here in MI. My county isn't known for blacks and some say they don't grow here at all. A guy south of me found some really young whites. So it's just starting up here.

Picked a lot in Indiana with Wade and and the gang. That was hard work. Lots of competition down there.

So... are you going to come up to MI and hunt this year?

1 person likes this.
  10. Jbarr

Jbarr Morel Enthusiast

Not traveling much these days. Hard to get away with a cattle farm. On top of taking care of my 3 yr old & 9 month old grandsons, Mon-Fri. Don’t have time for much else these days. But..... if I am ever in Michigan, I will surely look you up. Happy hunting. Wishing you a safe & bountiful season.

1 person likes this.