2019 Connecticut Morels

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by clutch2412, Apr 27, 2019.

1. clutch2412

clutch2412 Morel Connoisseur

Ok, this wasn't technically in Ct. But pretty darn close. Southern New York to be kinda exact. 5 1/2 lbs. Hit a few spots. So...Connecticut should really be ready in the next few days. Good luck all.

Attached Files:

2. Morchella94

Morchella94 Morel Enthusiast

Incredible find! Checked a CT spot today to no avail but can feel in the air that it’ll be soon. Did get some tender Dryad’s Saddle and Ramps though.

3. clutch2412

Hey Morchella. I looked in some of my Ct. spots in the past week. Zilch. Woods didn't seem ready yet. I don't mind getting lost in my car for hours! Most end with nothing but an empty gas tank. A little more knowledge gained on every trip. Today I got very lucky. I do agree with you...it will be soon here. Good luck. Gonna be a good year.

Rainbowitch and (deleted member) like this.
  4. clutch2412

Attached Files:

Morchella94 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. clutch2412

Back across the border this morning. Did a milk run to 4 of my spots. Found another 5lbs!!! Amazing year and haven't even found 1 in Ct. yet. Over 1100 thus far. I feel blessed. No bragging here. Just lucky and doing the leg work. It does pay off. Good luck guys. They are a comin!!!

Attached Files:

Bowguy and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Pettit877

Pettit877 Morel Enthusiast

Great take thus far! What types of habits and trees have you been finding them this year? Keep up the good work. Thanks

Eric

7. clutch2412

Thank you Eric.Keying on Ash. Found an Apple with a broken arm. Big score. One lucky Elm. All the usual suspects. Just seems like it's too good to be true. North Westerly slopes today. Just in the right spots at the right time. Worked hard the last 2 days. You will get em if this pattern holds up.

1 person likes this.
  8. Pettit877

Pettit877 Morel Enthusiast

By Ash are we talking live ash or dead ash? Thanks for the tips

Eric

9. clutch2412

Live Ash. But I do not shy from dead ones. Found many throughout the years on dead Ash. Look around any Ash you can find.

1 person likes this.
  10. redfred

redfred Morel Connoisseur

you have been doing great congratulations ...So I guess your done "SCOUTING"? Even if your not you are not going to hurt your hours vs morel average. keep going..

11. clutch2412

Hey redfred. Scouting turned into finding! Haha. My year hasn't started and I'm beyond happy. I will keep going! Thank you man. Good times. It is crazy when your the only person in the woods?! And all those shrooms are just waiting. I say thank you.

1 person likes this.
  12. clutch2412

Found some small grays in Ct. Still early. More rain coming. Should get this season cranking up. All were found on Ash.

Attached Files:

Alicia Winter likes this.
  13. Morchella94

Morchella94 Morel Enthusiast

Checked a new spot today, no morels yet but found something that looks like mycelium. Is there a way to tell if it’s morel mycelium? Was all over some leaf litter at the base of a large Sycamore by a stream bank.

Attached Files:

14. clutch2412

Morchella. That is way above my level of knowledge. I would not have the slightest idea if that is morel mycelium?! I do know this. Keep looking. As you can see on this site they are starting to pop in upstate NY. Even 1 was found in Vt. Don't stop searching! Good luck.

15. clutch2412

I think my Southern NY spots are done for me. Found 180 today. Yellows and grays. Found 4 in Connecticut. Small grays. This rain pattern is nice but we can do with a bit of sun and warmth.

Attached Files:

Inthewild likes this.
  16. Rainbowitch

Rainbowitch Young Morel

I don’t know if I’ll find any in CO, but I sure would buy these from you just to have a taste!!!

17. clutch2412

I say that every time I head out Rainbowitch. I don't know if I will find any! A lot of work. Driving. Sweating. Bleeding. Just getting out there! Luck is a wonderful thing. Hopefully I found something out this year. But I know better. Mother Nature has her tricks. I wish you the best of luck. There are definitely morels in CO.

18. Rainbowitch

Rainbowitch Young Morel

I’m still waiting for the snow to melt... just snowed 8” last night in my hometown!

19. clutch2412

Mother Nature can be a b*****!! Haha. Hope you get out there soon. That is just cruel.

20. rjmichna

rjmichna Morel Enthusiast

FFE8E721-9239-480A-A934-A3836245EBA0.jpeg Wow! Nice finds. I hope I’ll still have some luck when I return to CT this weekend, but meanwhile I’ve had good luck in Southern Illinois last week.

1 person likes this.