Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
View attachment 18074 Wow! Nice finds. I hope I’ll still have some luck when I return to CT this weekend, but meanwhile I’ve had good luck in Southern Illinois last week.
Very nice rjmichna! Get back Saturday. Sunday they are calling for a washout. Next week some sun finally will make it all come together. Nice job. Get back safely.

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey clutch2412 I may have noticed something from your photos . do we both favor the same morel harvesting tool??? Just wondering... View attachment 18274
You know it redfred! Best things ever. Cuts everything! Including that beautiful morel in your photo! I bring knives as well but there just to litter the woods. Like my latest one on Wednesday! The clippers never leave my hand. Good job man.

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Very nice rjmichna! Get back Saturday. Sunday they are calling for a washout. Next week some sun finally will make it all come together. Nice job. Get back safely.
Found 36 small grays after work today. Saw many others. Next week is looking good. Saw some small lilac buds today. Should be blooming soon. I am heading to NY tomorrow...with a couple Ct. stops as well. Good luck all.

Attachments

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Hello. Found these 2 guys growing alongside my cabin in Branford just this morning. As of 2 hours ago, I had no idea what one of these guys were. Hopefully I did not pick them too early?
Very nice Tom B ! Look perfect to me. Look for more around where you found these. Get down low and scan the area. You may be surprised to see more. Good luck.

· Registered
2 Posts
Very nice Tom B ! Look perfect to me. Look for more around where you found these. Get down low and scan the area. You may be surprised to see more. Good luck.
Thank you! I did indeed search around a little bit more and found one more. A tad bigger as well, all currently soaking in a little salt water. More searching tomorrow.

Attachments

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Found 18 small grays this morning. Not quite th
Thank you! I did indeed search around a little bit more and found one more. A tad bigger as well, all currently soaking in a little salt water. More searching tomorrow.

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I found 6 Half-Free’s in the rain today that were salvageable. This was in the western part of CT. No pictures... I ate ‘em too fast.
Nice job rjmichna. Glad you got out there. I was busy. Wish I was in the woods too! Next 2 days with possible sun? What the heck is that!? But if it's true...fingers crossed here...we should be on em pretty good by the weekend. Good luck. I have many days off real soon. Fishing or shroomin? Love this time of year!

· Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
21 - 40 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.