2019 Connecticut Morels

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by clutch2412, Apr 27, 2019.

1. NMT

NMT Morel Enthusiast

Wow! Good for you. I have yet to find a single morel where I am at. I tried looking for ramps and fiddleheads but none there too.

2. clutch2412

clutch2412 Morel Connoisseur

Not sure where u are NMT? You may have to take a little drive. I did way better in NY this year. Found a couple new spots too. It isn't easy but do your homework and it will pay off. Good luck. Summer shrooms are coming!!

3. clutch2412

I think this was my last trip of the year. My late Ct. spot produced 23 grays. Pretty cool to find them still popping. Undergrowth was exploding. I need to fish!!! I will be lurking on the summer shroomers. Finished with 1,753 shrooms. Almost doubled my best year ever. Fishing will help take the mind off the morels. I hope....

Attached Files:

4. NMT

NMT Morel Enthusiast

Ok thanks. I’m in New Haven County, I may drive towards Fairfield area and see if I can locate some. Best of luck !

5. NMT

NMT Morel Enthusiast

Great Find! I’m close to Branford but haven’t found a single morel.

6. clutch2412

NMT. I was looking in high elevations. High for Ct. that is.

7. johnboy696

johnboy696 Morel Enthusiast

some of these areas in your pics look like some brambly sites. not really like old wooded growth but patches by areas on the edge of open areas. a lot of hiking parks open to public match the places your finding yours in.

8. johnboy696

I had found these last year oddly in may5 any of these good to have picked? Took pics of stuff I saw not sure of. White stuff had me excited. Upper right was like old. Style of the bottom right red brown things by looks. Thanks for any feedback

Attached Files:

9. clutch2412

10. clutch2412

Hey Johnboy. First post of the year. I have been cracking bass for weeks now. Have not been in the woods...at all. Finding it hard to get off the water! As you can see it looks like someone in Ct found morels today. Earliest I have found morels is late April. But I have no doubt people are finding blacks and it appears the yellows are making an appearance as well. There is a mushroom club in Ct. with many members. With this virus thing they are most definitely crawling all over the forests of Ct. I will check my spots in the following days just to take a peak. Good luck out there.

11. johnboy696

I have noticed a bunch of cars at times in the parking lots of wooded areas. Can’t help but think it’s some Shroomers. The area isn’t heavily wooded and prob prime for all types. These are from last year at what should be a prime time. Hoping to go out and find them this year tho.

12. clutch2412

Hahaha! They are all shroomers and yes they are getting your mushrooms!!! I do the same thing. You will be alright.

13. jashroomer

jashroomer Morel Connoisseur

So as i sit here bored at home stalking other states, get out early, every state this year has had early finds, i found my first here in Indy today, not the earliest in the state, but one of my earliest finds. shroomon.

14. clutch2412

I keep telling myself jashroomer....no way are the woods ready yet! But from what I keep reading on this site and what you just said, I have to believe it's time to put the fishing poles down. Not a lot of people talk here in Ct. so I usually do a lot of leg work. Shroomon my friend. Let the fun begin.