2019 Ct finds.

Discussion in 'Connecticut' started by fungus_muncher, Apr 10, 2019.

1. fungus_muncher

fungus_muncher Morel Enthusiast

Ramps are starting to pop in the Northwest corner. Hoping the weather cooperates and provides everyone with a great season.

20190409_113229.jpg
    20190409_114448.jpg

Morchella94 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. clutch2412

clutch2412 Morel Connoisseur

Missed ya here on this site last year Muncher! I basically talked to myself. Nothing new! Welcome back. Looks like it is shaping up nicely for us Ct. boys and girls. Go get em!

3. fungus_muncher

fungus_muncher Morel Enthusiast

Yea I was down in Florida last morel season but couldn't stay away from New England for long. Checked a few early spots today but didn't see anything popping yet. I'm guessing the half frees will start up in the next week or so where I'm at. A few years ago I found some on 4/20 which was my earliest find in Ct, it was about 45 minutes south of here though. Looks like it could be a good year *fingers crossed*. Saw this guy getting ready to bloom today, gives me butterflies.

trillium.jpg

4. clutch2412

clutch2412 Morel Connoisseur

I have to put down the bass rods and get back in the woods next week. Everything is looking perfect for a good year. But we know how Mother Nature works right?! Like you said, just cross our fingers and get in the woods. Time for the permethrin applications. Good luck man. Let's have a year.