Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

341 - 348 of 348 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found 64 more today in greenup county. A few half free believe it or not and they weren’t rotten. Mostly small yellows though. Found a lot more that were too far gone. Is anyone finding any big yellows along creeks? Or Apple trees? And any tips for someone who’s never hunted creeks? I’m at around 550 for the season and they’ve all be high up north northeast facing slopes

·
Registered
23 Posts
The season appears to be over for me in Jefferson Co. and today was my final attempt. The big yellows I've found last few days are mostly past their prime or rotting. Overall my numbers were down, not much different than last year.

·
Vendor
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #345
Going tomorrow morning. I found fresh yellows 2 weeks ago but the rain went away and they got brittle fast. Going back out to look for some big greys that may have popped after all this late rain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey just joined the forum and new to the morel search. Will tomorrow morning be good for hickory chickens in western ky?
My family owns a good portion of hilly wooded land with a lake and two creeks. Im interested in searching it for morels, ginger, and pawpaw. Any information is appreciated .

·
Registered
306 Posts
My family owns a good portion of hilly wooded land with a lake and two creeks. Im interested in searching it for morels, ginger, and pawpaw. Any information is appreciated .
I think you are probably too late for the morels in western KY. Check back in with us in early March next year and you’ll get some helpful tips from folks on this site.

341 - 348 of 348 Posts