2019 Kentucky Morels

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by nutsak, Feb 5, 2019.

1. rick

rick Morel Connoisseur

Checked some patches in Hart today that have been consistent producers for years. Nothing. It appeared that last weeks warm rains didn’t hit my farm .

2. Cody Ward

Cody Ward Morel Enthusiast

T tom likes this.

3. Ryker2019

Ryker2019 Morel Enthusiast

That's awsome. Hope to find a few this week and post .

4. Ryker2019

Ryker2019 Morel Enthusiast

These were great !!!!

Attached Files:

Brandon.g and SSgt.CWhite like this.
  5. SSgt.CWhite

SSgt.CWhite Morel Connoisseur

Hey Brandon, I've been out a couple times. Haven't seen anything yet, its pretty early. Soil temps and moisture levels (side of ridges) seem spot on. Maybe this week?

Brandon.g likes this.
  6. Brandon.g

Brandon.g Morel Enthusiast

Right on man! I'm thinking this weekend. Thanks for the reply, and keep us posted :)

7. T tom

T tom Morel Connoisseur

Just think if you all had a foray like we did in Indiana and the MF'r was the main attraction. Trust me! Had I known the sick MF'r would still be in the woods of Brown county

Kokomorel and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Old Elm

Old Elm Morel Connoisseur

Don’t give up, there is HOPE. :cool::rolleyes:

9. SSgt.CWhite

Ditto!

10. SSgt.CWhite

Anyone get out today? Any finds?

11. Brandon.g

Brandon.g Morel Enthusiast

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so maybe we will have luck the next few days after!!!

12. Cody Ward

Cody Ward Morel Enthusiast

did you by chance catch the soil temp on this?

13. rick

rick Morel Connoisseur

0A489323-F948-4E97-BBD9-5F1A9E3E4689.jpeg Went through my logs I kept of my morel hunts the past 7 years. Thought these #’s might be of interest to some of you. At the top, I listed the 3 most productive days of each season from 2012-2018. Below that I listed all of those days chronologically just to show a pattern. I also listed the date of my 1st find each of those seasons. Like many of you, I get out as soon as I think there is a chance of finding one. But many of those trips produce none or very few. Hope this helps to narrow down the window of time to hunt for the morels. These hunts have been in North central and Central KY.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  14. Taylor Clayton

Taylor Clayton Morel Enthusiast

Found 3 more today. Larue county.

SSgt.CWhite and (deleted member) like this.
  15. neguyinky

neguyinky Morel Enthusiast

@Taylor Clayton looks like a wash type area. You near a river? I'm new to this and went out last year not finding a single shroom. I'm hopeful that this will be the year.

16. Taylor Clayton

Taylor Clayton Morel Enthusiast

Within a hundred yards or so of a creek. Washed out looking because it’s in a ditch

neguyinky likes this.
  17. rick

rick Morel Connoisseur

0134D7E5-1F0A-4C32-9D86-57C4395B4CAF.jpeg Got away from the office early today and found 3 fresh blacks in Jefferson county. Looked like they popped after last night’s thunderstorm. Didn’t look in the heavy leaf litter fearing I would crush some hiding under the leaves. Also found someone’s pocket knife.

18. rick

rick Morel Connoisseur

My wife and I went back out to the area I found 3 on Monday. Bright sunny day and 2 sets of eyes and we didn't find anymore! Guess I was blessed to find those 1st 3. The upcoming Friday/Saturday rains should get the blacks to pop in most of KY. A buddy of mine found 34 more blacks in southern KY Monday.

1 person likes this.
  19. Buckbuster6213

Buckbuster6213 Morel Enthusiast

Just went out here in central Logan county and found nothing. The may Apples are just starting to come up around me.