Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

41 - 60 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I went out to a heavy Tulip tree, sycamore and beech tree area along the Potomac River today with 20 people and saw no Morels. We covered a lot of ground Like you we saw lots of other good indicators. We had rain last night/this morning and soil temps are 58 deg 6 inches down. We saw Ramps and May Apples were sprouting as well.
Hey where did u see the ramps at wouldn't mind getting a small mess so I can make some good Spring chili

·
Registered
28 Posts
I believe you are correct! Have you found any place to go yet. I’ll be close to Roanoke 4/13-4/15 but probably be gone when you come through. There is a ton of public land around there. If you don’t find a partner let me know and I will point you to where I find them

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's been too cold in Southwest Virginia....last night it was below freezing! We need some warmer nights so maybe a week + out still.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went to my most producing spot from last year, found one a little over an inch tall. 4-15-2019/4-22-2019 they'll be loaded near the Roanoke area.

PS: The little thing tasted amazing rolled in flour and fried in butter.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Went to my most producing spot from last year, found one a little over an inch tall. 4-15-2019/4-22-2019 they'll be loaded near the Roanoke area.

PS: The little thing tasted amazing rolled in flour and fried in butter.
Hey Poetry! Congrats on your 1st of the season! Was it a black?

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE="HawkeyeMerkels, post: 749832]Hey Poetry! Congrats on your 1st of the season! Was it a black?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to find a black! I've been out every day, but no morels YET. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
[QUOTE="HawkeyeMerkels, post: 749832]Hey Poetry! Congrats on your 1st of the season! Was it a black?
I have yet to find a black! I've been out every day, but no morels YET. :)[/QUOTE]
Hang in there Randee! Youll be on to a fine mess sooner than later! Those darn blacks now sure do blend in. Hope Ya find one the next walkabout!

41 - 60 of 188 Posts