Morel Mushrooms and Mushroom Hunting banner

81 - 100 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm new to this and thought I should be looking in the woods near tulip poplars but all these pics look like fields. Am I wasting my time in the woods?
All the pictures are on the edge of a field that meets the woods and loaded with tulip poplars there are three elm trees .best places ive found are tulip poplars and elm tree that are dead and old old orchards and may apple patches

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm new to this and thought I should be looking in the woods near tulip poplars but all these pics look like fields. Am I wasting my time in the woods?
Likely an old orchard, but I have found them on fence rows with cedar trees in the grass.
I find most in the woods but that’s because I don’t have permission in any old orchards. Found a couple small ones this afternoon up in the mountain,we need another dose of rain. Saturday should be good

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
You finding them low? Like creek beds or high? I own land in Giles and probably heading there this week to hunt.
I found some up Big Stoney Creek. They were just coming up and I left all the small ones. Checked other spots on Wolf Creek and still nothing. Need a couple more days to be out good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I found some up Big Stoney Creek. They were just coming up and I left all the small ones. Checked other spots on Wolf Creek and still nothing. Need a couple more days to be out good.
Nice. I’ll probably be going Thursday. In Newport/Clover Hollow area. Hope they’ll be plentiful.

81 - 100 of 188 Posts