!2019 NEW Morel Update Here...

Discussion in 'Indiana' started by noskydaddy, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Black morel

6.4%
  2. White morel

7.3%
  3. Gray Morel

15.3%
  4. I love them all equally!

70.9%
  1. fishinbrad

fishinbrad Morel Enthusiast

There’s one of them behind my cabin. I call it the “Oh Jesus” tree, cause when you get snagged up in it in the dark, that’s the first words out of your mouth!

2. wade

wade Moderator Staff Member Moderator

20190515_192714.jpg @deerslayer5656 and Everyone..
    just settled in for Beers and dinner in South Detroit.. barely looked in the woods..found Zero Morels..
    but will hunt in the morning and afternoon tomorrow..Redbuds are in their Peak Blooming now and some Dandelions have seeded out.

3. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Yes. This is not the latest I've found them here. That would be 5/23. Cut grass again today to stay ahead of it and, oddly enough, the growth rate of the grass seems to be slowing down just in time for the end of morel season! ARRRGGHHHH!! The grass and the morels have to be in cahoots!

3 people like this.
  4. Mtmike79

Mtmike79 Morel Enthusiast

5. indy_nebo

indy_nebo Morel Connoisseur

Used the last of this years rels to make my annual Za from Ja to cap off the season.
    Made from scratch other than the cheeses. There is asparagus, roma tomatoes, avocado, fresh mozzarella, colby-jack, and feta cheeses over a white parm reduction. Words.... there are none. 20190515_192247.jpg

6. sb

sb Morel Connoisseur

seriously mouth-watering Morel pizza.

7. elmgirl

elmgirl Morel Connoisseur

That's my thoughts too. We were just up we r going back Thursday the 23rd and even then we r not going as far north as originally planned

8. elmgirl

Wade almost didnt recognize u

Kokomorel and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Neecienee

Neecienee Morel Enthusiast

Elm girl-I’m so sorry! Will keep your family in my prayers.

3 people like this.
  10. elmgirl

Thank you!

1 person likes this.
  11. mmh

mmh Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I would suggest the Manistee National Forest. A lot of wild land, is earlier than other areas on the same parallel, The lake has a significant on that area.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  12. mmh

Looks Delish.

13. mmh

Fishinbrad, Unless I hear differently I will assume you had some other choice words for that tree, which had such an impact on you. I would have shrieked if I was impaled and I do mean "impaled" by one of those.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  14. mmh

Wade and Robinbluebird. Thank you for taking the time to stop in Angola on your way to Detroit. I could have continued my life without the camera case but when it came time to pack for Memorial day weekend I would have stressed not having that particular mesh bag.
    Mushroom Marys father owned a dry cleaning/laundry business from the early 50s till the late 70s, that is where the bag came from, Mushroom Mary cut it in half and made drawstrings for both.
    I feel those bags have karma and provide me with the best chance.
    Shroom on all my friends.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  15. gbmillerman

gbmillerman Morel Connoisseur

Everybody making the Michigan run, there is good shrooms to be found in the top third of Indiana, we have had much cooler wetter weather than the rest of state.

16. deerslayer5656

deerslayer5656 Morel Connoisseur

we are in kalamazoo mi for the night then toward yankee springs then manistee found a dozen on way here around rochester in

TJC and (deleted member) like this.
  17. shroomsearcher

shroomsearcher Morel Connoisseur

Dude! Now THAT is a pizza!

1 person likes this.
  18. jashroomer

jashroomer Morel Connoisseur

One things for sure, this site has given me new ways to consume these elusive mushrooms.

19. scoondog

scoondog Morel Connoisseur

For the last couple months I couldn't wait to get on the board and see what was happening 1st thing every morning,now it's just to see what the fortunate few that are traveling north are picking up,hope next year is 1/2 as good,I am going to plan on heading south early next year more than north as I will have a little more spare time then, got to spread my season out a little more . three bags in the freezer is not enough but i got friends that are jealous of that, OK joke of the day,,,,see pic

Attached Files:

5 people like this.
  20. TJC

TJC Morel Enthusiast

Ok...

I know there are quite a few of you that traveled to Michigan in the last few days.... Who’d finding what and is it worth the trip this weekend?
    Too early?

Need a report... I’m not hearing much of anything from up there.

1 person likes this.